Small winch/electric hoist

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by JSIA, May 24, 2006.

1. JSIA

JSIA Active Member

I'm looking for a small (150-200 lb capacity) winch or hoist to run off a 12v battery. Anyone have one or know where to buy one?

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Check on line for 'Harbor Freight'.

3. JSIA

JSIA Active Member

I've looked there, they're all to big. 200lbs is max i want and thats over kill in my application.

4. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Well-Known Member Supporter

I think you're going to be forced to use an overkill winch. I don't know of one as light as you're requesting. You could make one of course, but it would cost a good bit more than one of the stronger HF winches.

Fwiw, I've never found it to be a problem having more power when it comes to winches or comealongs.

5. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

I have a Bruno VSL 670 Curbsider Super XL that will lift up to 500 pounds. It has a small boom (adjustable for length)and will move 180 degrees side to side(powered ot free hand). All remote controlled and 12v. I bought it new for about 2 grand to lift a power chair of my stepdads. Used it three times to go to VA and then he passed. I will take 300 and you pay shipping. I know someone who uses one for delivering heavy items in a panel van . Lifts many times daily for over two years without a hitch . I could ebay it and get twice as much but Id rather someone get it who needs it and wont resale it for a huge profit to some poor disabled person http://www.macslift.com/used/VSL670.htm http://hdsmn.com/vscursupxl.html

6. JSIA

JSIA Active Member

Ok well maybe my whole idea is not going to work. So I want you guys'/gals ideas. I'm wanting to build a trailer type 3pt hitch similar to those that can be pulled by ATV's. I was planning on doing a simple steel tube frame with a single axel. Then use a winch to raise/lower it. Question is would i be better off using a winch or an actuator? I will only be using it to jocky around small square bales and maybe dirt.

TIA

7. langoley

langoley Well-Known Member

You might want to consider a satellite dish actuator! One from an old full size dish! They were 12volt.