small successes

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by okgoatgal2, Nov 1, 2006.

1. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

the threads about motivation and the like got me to thinking....what if we recorded our small successes and our short term goals.

my successes-not necessarily small, actually-doc said my nutritional health is excellent. in july 05, my total cholesterol was 205. last week it was 164.
    my triglicerides went from 98 to 66. my HDL went from 42 to 39 (not so good). my LDL went from 143 to 112. so i think that's pretty good. my blood sugar dropped to well within normal range, also, from slightly high.

my short term goals-i want to be below 150 by christmas. that's 7 pounds to lose.
    i want to run a 5K in 30 min. we're looking for one. my dad is going to train and run it with me. :)
    that's pretty much it for now.

2. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations on your great report from the doc!! It looks like whatever you are doing is paying off. Good luck with your 5k goal. Remember the story about the rabbit and the hare! :walk:

3. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

Yep...I have trouble setting small goals. That's probably why I'm never successful at losing weight...I see it all as one big lump and get discouraged.

Okie Doke. I weigh 161 today and want to weigh 145 by Christmas. That's only 2 pounds a week...I can do that. Then, I'll work on the other 10 pounds after that.

4. roadless

roadless Well-Known Member Supporter

mammabooth..I think the small goals approach is a good idea, I'll try that too. For example for the rest of the day I will NOT eat any more of the #$@^# *% Halloween candy! Best wishes to you!

5. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

Great idea goatgal

I want to weight under 190 by thanksgiving. I want to be 185 by Christmas and 175 by February 4th. There I broke that down. I would love to be able to run but I am happy to just stand up in the am. Good luck with the 5K goatgal.

As for the candy - I sent it to work with the dh this morning. He has it in the truck (he does service work) and will pass it to the other guy who will be with him today (he is skinny as a rail) it works. I don't eat it. I don't buy it.

6. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

My last small success was to get under 140# and stay there. It seems like I hang at a weight forever, and then suddenly drop 2-3 pounds, bounce around a bit until I adjust to the new weight, stay there a long while, then drop again. It gets so frustrating when I'm doing everything "right" and it doesn't seem to get me anywhere. But it's also kinda nice when I do splurge and don't seem to pay for it too badly. :)

My small goals right now are to hit 137# by Nov 16th (13 days to lose about 1-2 pounds), and to exercise just about every day, whether by walking, doing vigorous housework and barn cleaning, using the Cardioglide, exercise tapes, climbing stairs at work, or something, rain or shine! My intermediate term goal is to hit 133# by Dec 31st. That will make 20# lost in a year, and put me only 8# over my long term goal.

Who else has a success and a goal to share?