Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are many more serious prayer requests out there right now, but I just wanted to request that you send up a prayer for peace for me on Monday.

This may sound silly to those of you w/ a more homesteading-mindset than myself, but my daughter is going on her first hunt Monday....and I am a nervous wreck. She is 10 and she is going dove hunting w/ DH. He has gone every year since he could walk (just to fetch birds till he was old enough to actually hunt around 8), so I know he will be responsible. He got a 410 a little while back and she is doing well w/ it, she has shot skeet and everything.

I was just raised that hunting was dangerous and "evil" and it has taken me awhile to get used to DH and family. It's not that I think that anymore, I actually think it is great that he is teaching the kids, but I'm just having a "Mommy attack" (she is my oldest and I didn't really expect "my little girl" to want to hunt!!!). So, if you don't mind, pray for me some extra peace of mind Monday morning!!!

Thanks for listening, Rachael

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RockyGlen said:
Prayers said, and she will have a great time! It's not so much about killing something, as it is about time with Dad. Be sure to let us know if she gets one!

Thanks...and she is DEFINITELY Daddy's girl, so it shouldn't have surprised me. Dh doesnt' hunt much these days, since he doesn't have alot of time, but he never misses first day of dove season...it's a big family affair on either his dad or his brother's fields. Which will make it all the more special to her (and make me feel a little better about it!). DH said it is also a good way to introduce her to hunting and see if she is interested in it.

I will definitely let ya'll know how it goes......as well as how I do cooking them (another first!).

Rachael

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: DH's brother called last night and moved the shoot to today. So, they are gone and I am going to see my Mom (keep myself busy!). We worked a big fair w/ 4H and had to serve food, hence the "ballet bun". I also got a chuckle out of the fact that she is wearing DS's camo pants and a little ruffly baby doll shirt b/c we never thought to buy our DAUGHTER camo! Anyways, she is still MY little GIRL!!! And I think she is beautiful in anything!

I'll let ya'll know how she does. Thank you for your prayers, even when I know it's silly of me!

Rachael

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Marlene...and I agree on ALL accounts! LOL

Sorry it took so long to update...put up a new chicken pen this weekend!

She didn't get a single bird and only one clear shot, but she had a blast hanging out w/ her Daddy and Papa. Dh said it really wasn't a good year here, but she did a great job and did everything she had been taught. He bragged and bragged on her, which I know made her feel even more special.

And thank you for your thoughts and prayers, I think it wasn't so bad! She said I better get used to it, cuz she is going again....SOON!! LOL. I guess I just had to get over that FIRST time! I appreciate you guys letting me sound off here!

Rachael

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
She's a doll, and good that she's learning hunting and the confidence from it.

And those Mommy feelings are certainly normal when our little birds start sprouting those wings (even with Dad).

Angie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.