Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, Hoping someone can explain this to me.

I am only having this issue with HT. I come to the site but when I click on a forum and the screen only shows about an inch of the page..it is as if it is frozen. I then refresh.

I click on a thread and the same thing...refresh again.

I click on a message and it will either be the same or only show two or three messages. I refresh and all the messages appear. Same thing when I go to the next page of posts.

Again, this only happens on HT.

And...can anyone tell me what the oriental font at the head of the page is about?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Pretty much same thing has been happening to me lately, click on a topic, screen goes blank until I refresh. Hit browser back button, screen goes blank until I refresh.

HTC phone, Android system. I just assumed it was my phone messing up, but it only happens on HT.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Try this - uninstall the app. Then reinstall. Sometimes there is a glitch that shows later in a previous download, and taking it out and reinstalling is like a complete reboot.
And it makes sure all updates are up to date.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I have that problem on my laptop. It's 2 years old, runs Windows. Sometimes I have to refresh a page several times

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
I have moved this to the HST Announcement and Support forum so it will be seen better by the site techs. And so I can find it and try to help.
When it pertains to HST, we need it here to be sure to see it and be able to help.

I just happened to see this one tonight.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Dixie, try the app again. Then use the log in you use here.

sassafras manor - since it's not doing it at work, are they on the direct to internet connection and what connection speed do you have at home? Could be the difference in download speeds.

Do any of you see any difference on the forum, visually?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use a laptop only. As noted, every page or message I click, I must refresh the page. Sometimes a blank page, sometimes half a page so I refresh to get the full page.

This has been going on for about a month now.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
The slowness may clear up now. The techs changed a set up to see if it will make things go faster. Please let me know if you see any difference now.

And KY Dreamer, the "oriental font", if you see it again can you get a screen shot and post it here? We need to see it before we can address the issue.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Still an issue here. Laptop, win 8, IE. Only HT giving me issues. Noticed it works fine when the add shows up, but sometimes, that is over a minute of watching the "page loading" icon spinning around.
Thanks.

Matt

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Everyone on this thread having a problem, that's on a computer. Can you try Chrome or are you using Chrome?

On the HTC phone, are you using Chrome browser? (and the app should be able to be downloaded and same name and password as computer should work for you).

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
No, the app won't allow me to sign in, so I just gave up and uninstalled the app again.
No, not using Chrome browser, just the standard Android browser.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Try Chrome, I know it works on phones. It may be better.

And how is the app not allowing you to log in? Are you finding the JOIN portion of the menu and touch that? That's the log in feature. (I know, dumb name, but that's what it is).

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Sorry, not going to download another browser just to access this site. I go to a few other vbullitin format forums and this is the only one that screws up.
EBay, Amazon, craigslist, etc, all of those work fine too, its just this site.
Oh, well, I will just keep dealing with it like I have been until something gets fixed.

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Not a fan of chrome, so I'll just keep using the f5 button.
Weird that it only HT, and it seems to be caused by the banner add at the top. The HT logo appears, background is gray...wait for a bit, the banner outline shows up...wait a little longer, banner displays and then the background goes white and content loads.

Matt

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
Sorry, not going to download another browser just to access this site. I go to a few other vbullitin format forums and this is the only one that screws up.
EBay, Amazon, craigslist, etc, all of those work fine too, its just this site.
Oh, well, I will just keep dealing with it like I have been until something gets fixed.
I used to feel that way with my iMac and its Safari browser.
But after trying on several occasions of not being able to reply on ANY of my Yahoo message boards NO OTHERS were affected.
I decide to go with Firefox JUST FOR my Yahoo boards, and that cleared up any problems I had with my Yahoo boards using Safari that browser Firefox did it.
Still to this day Safari can't seem to work with Yahoo.
Sometimes a browser and many updates that they go through suddenly something makes them incompatible with one message board or another.
Bite the bullet and download another browser and give it a try, if it don't work, you can always uninstall and have just one.
But take it from what used to be a One Browser Person ME, I now have two on this iMac. LOL

And this problem with Yahoo is still with me today even after downloading the latest new version of OS X which is called Yosemite, and a updated version of Safari, still no go on Yahoo message boards. So Firefox for me helped the matter. Good Luck.
Now Yahoo is my home page and that wrks great just NOT the message boards or what yahoo calls Groups.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts