Small cabin plans needed

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by AngieM2, Jan 25, 2005.

1. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

http://countryplans.com/

Try this site, it has a forum where the architect can answer questions and others with questions answer questions.

Angie

2. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

3. teamjnz

teamjnz Member

Thank you. Both of these sites have given me several ideas to work from. :yeeha:

teamjnz

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate Supporter

We expect photos when you get to building, and we (the forum) make a really good cheer leading section.

Angie

5. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Try here

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_improvement/home_improvement/1276536.html

Both Popular Mechanics and Popular Science over the years have had a number of plans of cabins that were designed to be built in one location and taken and assembled, then disassembled and moved at will. This site walks you thru building this particular shed.

The purpose was for folks who had a summer place and wished a cabin in the woods but didn't want to leave it over winter or for long vacant period and all the problems that can involve. i.e. brought it for a few months only and then took it back home for the period not used. Basically a foundation was prepared and left, the shed was mobile and could be disassembled for storage or use in another location.

This shed is not exactly that design but comes close and can be adapted. Many sheds are sold this way, my partner used to build and sell some. Or he would prebuild a shed in parts, two people could assemble on the site in a few hours. One truck or trailer can haul the shed. The only thing disposable from a move was the shingle top cap which needed to be replaced with each move.

You can search the PM site to see if you can find the exact shed I describe. Were a number of them published. The only difference is the mobile sheds are designed to be disassembled with bolts and the panels were able to fit in a standard full sized pickup.

Might work well for your needs. Could even be sold after it served your needs.

6. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

I grew up in Fortuna Calif. I have been in south central missouri since 93 and we love it here. What state are you moving to? I know in Fortuna our rainny season was the winter and here in Mo its spring.

7. lj_sunshine

lj_sunshine Retired Hippy