Sleeping in the buff

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by pumpkinlady, Nov 16, 2006.

1. pumpkinlady

pumpkinlady Well-Known Member

Not wanting to take over another thread about keping warm, I want to ask a question. If you sleep in the buff, do you ever consider there is an age to stop? I mean just think, it is in the middle of the night and you get up for a drink or to go to the bathroom and your company gets up and sees you in the hall. Or the house catches on fire and the local VFD comes and sees you and yours exposed to the world. Now if you are young and in shape you might make these people happy, but as you age and sag it might scare the heck out of them.

2. asher

asher Well-Known Member

LOL I'm in my late 20's, but have four kids my body has never "bounced" back from. Nobody needs to see that! ROFL

I always dress in a shirt and lounge pants (or shirt and under clothing in the Summer) specifically for the fire reason that you mentioned. I wouldn't have time to get dressed and get four kids out of the house if there was a fire.

3. FarmGoddess

FarmGoddess Well-Known Member

Hey, what's too old?

I still do it in the summer and I won't see 40 again. If the house catches fire I'm not going to be worried about what I'm wearing, and the volunteer fire department will just have to get over it. I'm sure there is therapy available.

That's like always wearing clean underwear in case you get in an accident. The way I see it, if I'm in an accident that requires medical attention, the last thing I'm going to be worried about is the state of my underpants...

4. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

There's about as much chance of getting caught 'with your pants off' while showering, using the bathroom or other clothing free activities. ;)

I believe if it's your home and you feel comfortable being nude at night-go for it! :p I wouldn't think anyone would run around nude in the night except in their own room behind closed doors if they had visitors or overnight guests so that shouldn't stop one from wearing or not wearing what they want to bed. :shrug:

That's what robes are made for IMO-just leave it on the end of the bed and you're more prepared if you have to run out of a burning house or answer the door than if you are in the shower or on the toilet. :)

5. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

LOL Just leave a robe at the foot of the bed!

6. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Im 54 and no oil painting in the all together, but Ive slept au natural since I was 14 and Im not about to stop now. Moms 74 and she still sleeps in the all together. Jon will never forget the first time we staid at moms and encountered her in the dark hallway on the way to the bathroom. Not only was she nude but she was towing her C-Pap machine and wearing the full face mask and making a sound like Darth Vadar. Jon screamed like a girl and poor mom lost it right there in the hallway. I can show you the stain on the rug. Now we would never have had that Precious Family Moment, if Mom gave up sleeping in the nude when she reached that certain age. HMMMM PFM ( precious family moment). Im declaring a new abbreviation for he FORUM to use. Be my guest. :rolleyes:

7. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

"Always leave your clothes where you can find them in the dark" : Robert Heinlein

He was a VERY wise man!

8. bgraham

bgraham Well-Known Member

OMG! I laughed so hard I about choked! I'm at work and people are walking by and looking at me like I have 3 heads!!!!!

9. WindowOrMirror

WindowOrMirror ..where do YOU look? Supporter

No one should take themselves so seriously that they cannot sleep in the clothes they desire to. Also, no one should be so concerned about others that they change their sleeping attire.

I sleep au naturale... only had one embarrassing incident so far.

R

10. trixiwick

trixiwick bunny slave

:p Exactly. I'm not a "buffy" myself, but if there were a fire or a stranger in the house, I'd have bigger concerns than modesty on my mind, I think.

11. HeavenHelpMe

HeavenHelpMe Well-Known Member

ROFL!!!

I almost lost it in my computer chair, that made me laugh so hard!

Thanks for that!

12. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

LMAO!! That is what I call a good family memory!

13. Christine in OK

Christine in OK Well-Known Member Supporter

:zzz: :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl: :help:

My husband has a c-pap - that Darth Vader noise comment really hit home!!

Oh, and I second KY Guest - that's what a robe at the end of the bed is for - only takes a second to grab, you don't even have to bother closing it until you actually get outside and the FD gets there.

Besides, my husband is a firefighter, and he says they see naked people all the time - not always the most appealing aspect of the job, but they do understand that you don't always have time to get dressed when there's a problem. Believe me, they would much rather have to find you a blanket to cover your hiney than one to cover your corpse.

14. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

ROFL, foliomark, that's priceless.

15. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Glad you all like the story. Maybe I should tell the folks at the Discovery Channel and they could do one of those Life Lesson figurines. Cant you just see the commercial now......Even better than the guy with the awesome baby pictures in the mens room. :p

16. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

Been sleeping nude for about 30 years. Never did understand how people could sleep wound up in a nightgown or laying on the buttons on pajamas.

Had to find appropriate bed clothes when I worked tho-we had roommates when away at sales meetings. Thing I hated most about the job! We were all mature adults, no one wanted the slumber party atmosphere.

Patty

17. Bluecreekrog

Bluecreekrog Well-Known Member

I sleep buff too, when I have guests other than the boys, I wear boxers. If their not showing their's, I'm not showing mine. lol

18. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

Well no birthday suits for me. I have "mommy body" :doh: I would tramutize my boys for life! They have a bad habot of walking in my room without knocking.
    My DH prefers BS (birthday suit) cause he has scorisis and sensory Intergration Disorder. There have been times boys have seen him in the buff (usually in bed asleep) and complained..lol. He threatens to be in the buff the next tiem they have company when they complain :nana:.
    Maybe someday after the kids are grown I will go back to sleeping in the buff. DH can close his eyes if he doesnt like what he sees :dance:.
    I have a autistic child with Sensory Intergration - he hates the texture of all clothing. he would stay in the buff all day if he had his way. :help: He is 14 and I keep having to explain why he is too old to run around this way, he just doesnt get it. I let him sleep in the buff but that is all. The rest of the time I am runnign behind him forcing him to get clothes on. Most of the time he will only wear shorts or boxers without a fit. I watn to get him a pair of silk PJ's and see if THAT will keep him clothed. :cool:

19. Zipporah

Zipporah Well-Known Member

:rotfl:
    Dh likes the buff,but since dd he's starting wearing pjs.Didn't have anything to due with age though.

20. Sherrynboo

Sherrynboo Well-Known Member Supporter

I find it hard to sleep with pajamas on or a nightgown. Ends up feeling like a straightjacket after a few hours. I do wear pjs if we have company or grandkids over or if I sleep somewhere besides home.

Sherry in Ga