Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been away for a while but just wondered if the skirt-wearing ladies are still going strong? I've managed to stockpile a good many skirts from charity shops over the summer so am really enjoying wearing them and feeling more feminine. Still jeans for farm chores but skirts for shopping, Church and visiting!

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
I love casual skirts but my husband doesn't like the way I look in them. Makes me look Amish or something, plus I'm short and they make me look shorter.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My wife and daughter wear them any time they go to church and many other times too.
My wife is a bit too wide for them but I'm not telling her how to dress. At least she doesn't make me wear them, LOL.
My daughter on the other hand looks great in them.
It's like bigjon said. If ya got the legs, wear them. Might get some attention you don't won't though, LOL.

Godspeed

Ranger

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
My husband doesn't like me to wear them either. He laughs and laughs and asks if I'm in Baptist training.
Tell your hubby that not all Baptists wear dresses or skirts. The church I attend now is non denomination, but B4 that, I attended a Baptist church and I could not tell you the last time I wore a dress to it. I normally wear jeans.

I'd wear dresses and skirts if I could find ones that I like in my size. But all the ones that I see that would fit are too tight and too short and I don't sew (yet).

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Yep.
Still going strong.
And I don't know if I look wide in them or anything else and I am not that worried about it.
Better than some, worse than others.
That pretty much covers everything in the world.
But I feel good in them.
I am comfortable in them
and I don't look like a church lady at all! :)
(I do like my snug V neck tops.)

Very thrilled!
I found a beautiful piece of silk at the thrift store.
I paid $1 for a piece that is 13'X5' in a dark, dark mocha.
Just lovely. I am going to make a skirt out of some.
Tempted to make a duvet type thing out of the rest.. stuff it with alpaca!
But I won't.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Wear mine a lot but since I don't go out or anywhere much at all (once a month grocery shopping and seldom anywhere else ) sometimes I stay in my PJ.s or sweat pants ..
Am looking for long skirts in warm material and will wear them here inside this winter ..
From the early cooler weather we have had already I am of the mind that this winter may be harder than last ...

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
I've always liked the look of long skirts but at 5-2" they were always too long. I discovered by accident that ones from the girls' section work! I went out and bought 4 total and wore them the whole summer. I gotta say, the man of the house loves me in them (I think he likes knowing he's the only one who knows what's underneath. ) :). Plus it was nice to go without shaving every now and then. Always barefoot at home and flip flops when out. I don't fit in with the well-dressed people in my town but don't care!

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Tell your hubby that not all Baptists wear dresses or skirts. The church I attend now is non denomination, but B4 that, I attended a Baptist church and I could not tell you the last time I wore a dress to it. I normally wear jeans.

I'd wear dresses and skirts if I could find ones that I like in my size. But all the ones that I see that would fit are too tight and too short and I don't sew (yet).
Well, it's just because I grew up Baptist and had to wear dresses. It was horrible to be forced to wear them (and culottes, which were even worse). Hubby's mom wore dresses because of family/church pressure, so Hubby is sympathetic to that. He also likes to tease me. He prefers that I wear shorts to show off my legs...hee hee hee!

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
I must also add that I wear skirts whenever I feel like it. I wore one very comfy one pretty much all winter last year. It was only 40 degrees when I woke up this morning and it was looking quite tempting. I really need to get some fun leggings to go with it.

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Skirt wearing is a thing? Huh. I've just always, always loved dresses and skirts. I have 2 whole pairs of pants, otherwise it's skirts for everything. The dress I'm wearing right now at work will be the dress I'm wearing tonight when I feed the chickens. I'm not all that careful with my clothes.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I used to absolutely hate skirts and dresses but now I have no idea why I did. I find jeans really restrictive. I need a couple new pairs and dread buying them but heavy skirts will still be too cold this winter! I suppose I can put some long johns on under them and wear boots...I MAY DO THAT!

As far as whether or not DF likes it - Well, he wears plenty of things that make me cringe so I don't take much merit in his wardrobe opinions. :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts