Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A & N Lazy Pond Farm
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was somewhere on this board that I read about using a golf ball and a 4 wheeler to skin a deer. I was telling DH about it and he said he would be interested in seeing the thread. Now I can't find it.

It had a picture of the deer hanging and you could clearly see the way the golf ball was attached.

Thanks
Nancy

·
Super Moderator
9,759 Posts
I have seen the basball and tractor , but by the time you cut and prep the legs and get it all ready you could have been done skining it the normal way and you are less likly to damage anything

i don't recal the exact cuts that had to be made but you had to vut the legs at the knee joing and peel the hid up a bit also get it over the back legs and thru the tail then stick a baseball under the hide wrap a rope around the hide so that it tightend and traps the baseball in the hide streched over the ball then pull the hind ligs in one direction and the hide in the other and it comes right off , i supose if you had a tractor handy and rope and a good place to tie off and a lot of deer to do it would be worth it but
by the time i could find the rope and basebal i could just be done using a knife and pulling by hand

but if it was that worth it you would think you would see a comecial deer proccessing operation doing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts