Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got a dog out there who prefers to lay next to your SKIN rather than clothing??

Our 12 wk old chihuahua loves to lay next to or on bare skin with a blanket or cover over her..... she can lie anywhere she wants but it never fails, she ends up in my shirt or under the kids' when we hold her....(Even when we have her blankets right there) when I sleep in bed, she will maneuver around so she can end up either in the small of my back or on my neck.... touching any part of bare skin she can.... if she can't find bare skin, she will dig and dig, trying to get to it! makes me laugh when she lays with DH and he holds his shirt down so she can't get in!! At first I thought it was the warm, security and the fact that she could hear my heartbeat, but seems like she is past the point of having to lay JUST on my chest..... any contact is good.... :)

a Bonus is that we are flea free, nails are trimmed and filed weekly and she is very gentle and doesn't chew on "anything" under the clothes!!! (well, there was that time she was 7.5 wks and I was asleep and she thought I was wired just like her mama she had just left...:eek: but I made it very clear those were for HUMAN children ONLY!!) :nono:

I have never had a dog that preferred skin over a good blanket (she has 4!!!)
must be a LITTLE dog thing!

Tell me I am not the only one......

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
so far your the only one LOL! All dogs have their quirks that's for sure. Rocky is always trying to lick my armpits...I think he wants the deoderant off me! Drives me crazy sometimes. It sounds like your little munchkin wants to be as close as possible to you with no smell or warmth obstructions. cute. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts