Sis' o'd now in Coma, prayer request

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by rio002, Dec 22, 2006.

1. rio002

rio002 Well-Known Member

Hi all, rough day today to say the least. My sister (missuki0) Terri overdosed on her pain killers/muscle relaxers trying to get rid of a migraine. She has battled migraines for over 10 years and seemed to be on the road to being better. She was down to 1 migraine a week vs. 3-4. However she ran out of pain meds and got some from a friend, and took too many. Unfortunately her 13yr old was the one who found her, not breathing, no pulse. He told me he freaked out, a friend who was there called 911, Jake (the 13yr old) did start CPR and a neighbor came to do the same until emt's got there. Emt's finally got a pulse and she was breathing I guess with a bag system. But now she is in ICU on full life support, dilated pupils, no response at all to pain not even a twitch when they did the tube for the respirator, the tube into her stomach, the catheter, or to a huge iv in her chest----they didn't sedate her, she's just not responding to anything. Of course her DH is in shock along with her other son Adam (16yrs. old) everyone is really..........
    The dr.s say the outlook is poor and gave us the speech about eventually possibly having to make "those" decisions. The main problem right now is that her brain swelled so big, it had no wrinkles left due to the lack of oxygen--est. time without sufficient oxygen--20minutes.They say there is a slim chance of her waking up and if she does she may be severely brain damaged.I held it together alright until the Chaplain came to pray with us, then I Knew it was bad. As much of a pain in the hiney she is, as much as I disagree with her on almost everything, I love her more. Please pray for her recovery, I honestly don't know how her men will make it without her. Thanks guys, for always being here.

2. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. We will be praying for her, you and and the family.

3. busybee870

busybee870 Well-Known Member

We are praying for your sis, and all of you.

4. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I am so sorry. I fervently hope she recovers.

5. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

Oh, I am so sorry! My prayers are with you hoping she makes it through this pkay. :Bawling:

6. mothergoose

mothergoose Well-Known Member

My prayers are with all of you, that God's will be done in each of your lives and that he give you all the strength and understanding you're going to need through this ordeal. Also that he will keep your sister in his loving care. God bless you all. Toni

7. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Im so sorry about your sis, I will pray for her.

8. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh, my heart breaks for those children and the rest of her family...terrible time of year to have this happen with a loved one. May you all, be blessed with peace and understanding.. Queen Bee

9. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Prayers for you and family.

Huggs,
    Rose

10. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

I cannot offer prayers because I'm not religious, but I can say with utter sincerity that you are in my thoughts. Be very nice to that unfortunate little boy, her son, who has had an awful shock, and give him an extra hug from me for acting so quickly and bravely.

If you need to make those decisions, be strong and do it, and think about quality of life.

My heart goes out to you all.

11. via media

via media Tub-thumper

I was also thinking of her son - what a trauma. I'm glad you're there.

I will keep your family in my thoughts.

/VM

12. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

Father God, hold this family close during their time of trial. Envelope them in your peace. Give them the wisdom to make decisions that will be difficult; geve the doctors and staff an extra measure of compassion. Lord, I ask that you especially bless the son who found his mother; help the memory of that situation fade quickly.

Also, help Rio during this time, with your strength and support.

In Jesus' name.

13. Melissa

Melissa member

That is terrible news. Will pray for all of you...

14. ginnie5

ginnie5 wife,mom,taxi driver,cook Supporter

those poor children......my prayers are with all of you. I lost a stepfather shortly before Christmas one year. It does make this time of year hard.

15. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Crying here! Father keep Rio's family Close and help them stay strong through this difficult time. Help them to Lean on you and heal, if It is in your will Please Heal the sister as we believe in your ability to do the miraculus! If it is Not in your will please take her Quickly into Heaven and your arms. bless her Sons with memories of the good times with mom. Help the husband to go thru this, and come out strong with hope for the future with his kids! In Jesus's Name I ask.

(SherrieC who lost her first husband 12/07/91 )

16. HeavenHelpMe

HeavenHelpMe Well-Known Member

Thank you, Pony, for that well though-out prayer. I prayed that one for them, too, because it was just so good.

My sincerest condolences, Rio.

17. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

How sad, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :(

18. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Jeeze I am so sorry...sending healing thoughts your way.

19. Mid Tn Mama

Mid Tn Mama Well-Known Member Supporter

May the Lord be with all of you and with her medical staff.

20. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh Father, I know You have the power to heal. Your word says that by His stripes we are healed. Father I just pray right now that you would surround this lady with a post of angels that the enemy could not get close to her. I pray, Jesus, that you would be right there with her, touch her and minister healing to her. I pray that you would not leave her side. That she would make a full recovery 100% and that this would be a miracle that would bring glory to You God. That You would receive glory unimagined and that she would have a testimony that would win souls. Father, please put Your arms around this family and hold them and comfort them and give them complete peace. Help them to lean on You and to know that no matter what happens that You are in control, not them, not the doctors. I do pray that You would guide the doctors every move that they would know exactly what to do and where to do it. In Jesus name, amen.