Single row or double row planting with super A/Farmall 100

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ramon, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Ramon

Ramon Active Member

Hi,
    I was just wondering what was the most common type of farming with a Super A/Farmall 100-140 type tractor. I know that the Cole type planters were typically one row but I have seen two row versions on a tool bar. Which is the Super A/Farmall 100-140 best suited for and what customizations/equipment are required for either one.
    Thanks

2. What kind of hitch do you have? I'm not sure of the Super A, was a Fast Hitch in 1 or 2 point style available? Niffty to use that if you have it. A planter with a hitch pin will work just fine of course. I'll guess you do not have a 3pt available on it, but there are so many options & modifications, could you list what you do have?

--->Paul

3. Ramon

Ramon Active Member

Paul,
    I have a Farmall 100 with Fast Hitch and a FH (FH) 2x 14 inch plow and FH tandem disks. I am currently shopping for a planter and need to decide on going with a FH single row Cole 12MX type or an older double row Cole on a toolbar set up. I would consider other brands but I haven't seen anything around except for the Cole planter equipment.

4. All peeps that I know with either the 140 or the A do One row at a time. These are people that truck farm or garden. Those tractors are offset so that when cultivating with a belly cultivator the operator can see the crop.