Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
As my wife once said of me "Life with xxxxx is never boring----but often infuriating."

The most recent one told her correspondents yesterday that if I was not well soon she was thinking of taking the axe to me. I must not be an easy patient.

·
Registered
9,575 Posts
Some of my neighbors in WV were an older gentleman and his wife. She was a loud and rough talking woman, but they were both real nice. He broke his leg and was laid up in the house for several weeks. After about three weeks she tossed a pistol onto his lap and told him, "either shoot me, or shoot yourself. We can't take this any longer.". I think he healed a lot quicker after that.

·
Super Moderator
13,673 Posts
I still chuckle at the advice given me at the reception. One of her aunts drew us aside and said the secret to her and her husband having a long marriage was never letting the sun set on an argument.

As my wife and her aunt moved on into the gathering , her uncle drew me aside and added that not only is it good to never let the sun set on an argument, driving west at 50 to 60 mph is an excellent tactic for the man to use to give her time to cool down before sundown and if lucky it can turn into a impromptu date night hours away from where the argument first started. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts