Simple things

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Oregon1986, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Oregon1986

Oregon1986 Well-Known Member

Amazing how simple things can make you so thankful for the life you're living. I just gobbled down some homemade strawberry rhubarb pie and it made me appreciate that much more that I have such amazing produce available to me to have things that not everyone gets to enjoy

Teej, kinnb and dsmythe like this.
  2. gilberte

gilberte Well-Known Member Supporter

We picked our rhubarb about three weeks ago and have been checking on the strawberries every day waiting for them to ripen.

Oregon1986 likes this.

3. GTX63

GTX63 Well-Known Member

I started life in the city and over the years migrated more and more into a rural then the countryfied lifestyle that I live today.
    Our daughter became the family expert in nutrition and really opened our eyes to the amount of processing that goes into what is called "food" at the average big box retail grocer. In my 20s and 30s I could gobble that crap down like a trash disposal without much effect; in my 50s not so much. Over the years our home grown production of edibles increased so that now, I walk out the back door to a property filled with grape, berry and fruit tree orchards, vegetables, herbs, meat and fresh eggs. I'm very appreciative of the knowledge God gave me and the rich abundance of natural grown by me goodness we are blessed with.
    That isn't to say I'm not trying to figure out how to grow a butterscotch sundae or a cream cheese danish, but I'm working on it.

sweetbabyjane and kinnb like this.
  4. Oregon1986

Oregon1986 Well-Known Member

Lol let me know when you do,I'd love a home grown healthy sundea