Silver Martins

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by dunroven, Jul 14, 2006.

1. dunroven

dunroven Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi everyone. Help me with this one please. I have a friend who has all colors of Silver Martins. She is wanting to sell them, some with pedigrees, some without. Her husband (was) in the business of this, but things have changed and she is needing to deal with the rabbits. I told her I would probably take them, but I need to find out what a good price is for these? They are a heritage breed, are they not? I would imagine they have a pretty good price tag. I have been trying to find them for sale on the web, but I guess I'm not looking in the right place.

She has Chocolate, Blue, and Blacks. Do I understand that is all they come in, or do they also come in Agouti. I saw something about that but couldn't really tell if this is an accepted color or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Agouti isn't accepted. Only Black, Blue, Chocolate and Sable.

As for prices... I would say $15-20 for pet quaility, $25-30 for breeding quaility and around $40 for show quaility. More if they have legs.

3. dunroven

Okay, Xandras, thanks for the info and probably I'll sound dumb here since I don't get to go to the shows (I work when most of the shows are on). What do you mean by legs?

4. KSALguy

KSALguy Lost in the Wiregrass Supporter

as best as i can discribe its the amount of champion blood paperd in their background or how many shows the individual rabbit has wone, or something like that

i kinda got a chuckle out of that comment too, "of corse you would want a rabbit with legs, other wise how is it gonna hop around? lol"

5. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Everyone has to learn at some point.

I'm going to copy a definition from http://www.thenaturetrail.com/ because I'm not the best at explaining things and it's a lot to type lol

6. dunroven

Glad to get that information Xandras that helps a great deal! KSal, I thought that too and was going to say well, don't unpedigreed rabbits have legs as well? But I thought, nah, I better not go there, but hey! works for a great laugh, huh? LOL

Thanks again!