Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took this picture in Enid OKlahoma.....it is an original...NOT found online (except in my photobucket account....or unless someone else also took a picture)

is it me, or should that say "Captain's"??????

·
Registered
766 Posts
I always wonder about misspellings on signs like that. Did they really not know how to spell "Captains" or were they missing a letter? I always hope for the letter shortage as that theory gives me hope that there is still intelligent life on the planet!

Sadly, these signs will soon be a thing of the past as most businesses are now going to electronic reader board signs.... which I hate.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyway, I emailed the Colden Corral headquarters....it was just a comment form so I told them that I had picture proof that I am willing to send to them!

·
Registered
630 Posts
i like this one....

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Reminds me of the front page headline splashed across our hometown paper several years ago:

Winston County Babies Morality Hits All Time Low

I always wondered where those babies with little or no morals were hanging out.

·
Banned
2,134 Posts
RachAnn in NW Okla said:
guess no one has a sense of humor today?
I do, and that's funny, but according to a recent thread on here grammar and spelling no longer matter. :p

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I was a manager in a restaurant in South Florida at one point...the street sign like that was changed 3 times daily and by employees that did not have English as a 1st language. ...so...we had to pull the letters out and stack them in order and then write it out so they could see how they went.

·
Keeping the Dream Alive
1,270 Posts
Spareribs - with the bone in! What good is a knife and fork with spareribs like that?

B

·
0 Posts
LOL..driving through the backwoods of Alabama several years ago, I saw a home-made sign which read:

"Fresh Manueer"..I guess that's a type of fancy French barnyard stuff..ROFLOL...then there was one advertising puppies for sale:
"Full-bloodied pups."..wow. :baby04:

·
Übernerd
502 Posts
When we were driving through southern Utah, around Zion National Park, we passed a place with a sign advertising "Ho-Made Pies." Don't think I want to know what was in those!

And you'd better believe it'll be a happy Passover, with pork ribs 99¢ a pound! Why, Moses himself would have a hard time turning down such a deal. Heh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts