Silliest product I have ever seen

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Shygal, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

I was in the grocery store today, and saw one of the silliest things for sale there.....a bag of hard boiled eggs. Already peeled! Just open the bag and ready to eat!

If people cant boil an EGG now.......??

The individual hot dogs in buns for the microwave runs a close second.

2. jassytoo

jassytoo Well-Known Member Supporter

My vote is for the frozen peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. :rolleyes:

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Well, I've recently seen a small appliance for hard boiling eggs, and seemed to not be in water... I thought that was very strange.

But right up there has to be the frozen, white crustless bread, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Angie

4. Shygal

Yeah , ok, not everyone saw or remembered a thread from 5 months ago. :rolleyes:

5. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I think it has to be the liquid stuff (soap?)that you wash veggies w/--It comes it a bottle and cost a "pretty penny"!

6. Junkman

Junkman Junkman

Had my 89 yr old MIL at the grocery and she was staring into the freezer compartment. She said, "This is the heighth of laziness!" I looked and saw packages of toasted cheese sandwiches frozen. As the kids say, Whatever?

7. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

The one that used to get me was the "premixed" peanut butter and jelly in the jar -- what, it's too much effort to open more than one jar to make a sandwich? :rolleyes:

But then, the precooked bacon that you can store in the cupboard makes me wonder just how lazy we have to become before the herd starts to be culled, too.

8. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

I get a kick out of the microwavable milkshakes!

Meg

9. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

My friend had some of those eggs, to make egg salad out of. The odor that came out of the bag when she opened them made me gag... smelled like a bad case of gas.

10. lonelytree

lonelytree Guest

Yeah , ok, I was just trying to help. :rolleyes:

11. Shygal

The little tubs of mashed potatos that country crock makes, cost about what 10 pounds of potatos cost.

and microwaveable milkshakes? :eek:

12. DixyDoodle

DixyDoodle stranger than fiction

I heard that stuff was basically watered-down dish soap. Pretty expensive dishsoap I guess. There's a sucker born every minute.
    Well, I can see the point of this in a way. Bacon really stinks the house up....ok, it's actually a pretty good smell, but not so good when you have to go out somewhere and your clothes smell like grease. I recall several times coming from my in-laws, they cook almost everything in grease, and while their food is good, I hate the lingering stale smell on my clothes.

And if you only need a scoop of bacon bits, it would be easier than cooking up a whole batch of bacon, though. Although there is something kinda gross about bacon cooked in such a way, like it's way too overprocessed. Would that be 'frankenbacon'?
    That would be the formaldehyde. ;)

DD

13. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Think of all the foods that come in boxes that are quick and simple to prepare from scratch. A bag of eggs doesn't seem any different.

14. lonelyfarmgirl

lonelyfarmgirl Well-Known Member Supporter

how about this. there are now packages in the produce section similar to lunchables, except with celery and apples, and a peanut butter or fruit dip for dipping. what makes this funny, is every time we go to the grocery, my daughter begs for one, and I tell her no. I tell her, the same apples are over there, and celery is over there. we can make this ourselves at home for less money and you know you hate those particular apples. Its the same kind in the McDonalds yogurt and apple pack you tried a while back and hated remember? So will she eat them if I make the identical product at home, with the same ingredients? NO!

15. via media

via media Tub-thumper

In a way, I understand the eggs just because making a batch stinks up the house so much, especially if you're having company over. It *is* pretty lazy, though.

I'm a little suspicious of the frozen pre-made crockpot meals. Just throw everything in the pot, add water and set for 6 - 8 hours. Um...you mean, just like if you used regular ingredients?

/VM

16. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

That stuff scares me.

17. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

I didn't know a peeled, boiled egg lasted very long...that is so gross! I bet it stinks when you open the bag :help:

18. Christina

Christina Well-Known Member

I've seen bags of pre-peeled potatoes and butternut squash. Of course don't get me started on frozen pancakes!

19. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

Next thing you know they will be selling pre-folded toilet paper ( oopppss just lost out on thousands of dollars) for doing your business. Just insane!