Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aldi has silicone baking pans advertised this week at a good price, I've always wondered if they work well? I see them a lot at thrift stores and they look pretty cruddy, but that could be from poor cleaning I suppose...anyone use and like these?

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, think I'll pick one up and see how it goes. $2.99 experiment. :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Thanks guys, think I'll pick one up and see how it goes. $2.99 experiment. :)

For that price, it's worth it.

I had bought one set, donated, then bought another. Shouldn't have given away that first set. Why? Because even though I almost always use metal to bake, I can find dozens of uses for the silicone pans. As in, I could use the bigger square pans for frozen layered desserts. Or line the pan with plastic wrap, pour in leftovers, freeze the pan, pop out the frozen food, wrap again, and you don't have to tie up a container.

I could use the muffin cups for mini no-bake cheesecakes or other mini layered desserts like gelatin. Or decide food's not going in there again and use the muffin pan to craft soap or lotion bars.

One of the loaf pans is standing in for a letter-holder even as we speak. ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
I forgot about those! I used them this summer to make Nutella pops, lol. I also use them to poach eggs and do mise en place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love my muffin ones. No need for paper muffin liners.
To wash, I just turn them inside out, wash and then pop them back the right way.

Yeah, mine have some stains, but still work fine.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I am not the best baker, so I couldn't really tell you if it was the pan or me. I just didn't care for them, but seeing the other uses some of you have for them, I wish I still kept the bread pan shape for freezing leftovers and poppin them out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I use the large muffin ones to put in my cup holder in the car then when it gets dirty just run through the dishwasher. The 1st time I ordered them I didn't pay enough attention to the size and got the regular size ones -- I use those in the craft room to organize small stuff. I haven't ever used one to cook in --

1 - 19 of 19 Posts