*sigh* My Kinder doe didn't like her Kinder Buck

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Gailann Schrader, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Gailann Schrader

Gailann Schrader Green Woman

She jumped two 5' fences (remember, Kinders are short!) and walked down the tractor path and jumped HIS fence to get to the Nubian buck (think 2 1/2 years old. BIG man). AND THEN was waiting back on the path for me to put her back in with the Kinder buck. Stinkin' to high heaven of MAN STINK. Well, then Kinder buck showed interest? She bit his ears, butted him to the ground, and generally tried to kill him.

*sigh* at least she wasn't registered... I guess it will be baby watch for her... lol. Guess she has a mind of her own...

2. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Oh darn........ well aren't kinders a pygmy/nub cross?? She was just wanting to breed up in size.. HAHA!!

3. Gailann Schrader

Gailann Schrader Green Woman

Yeah, I figured she didn't like that little punk boy. That Nubian Man was big and stinky. They are still calling to one another. Well, ok. He's mooing and she yelling... It will be interesting to see if she has multiple babies...

I actually saw an 3-4 yr old Kinder doe at the Veedersburg auction two weeks ago with LONG horns (they were curled like a Angora!) and with a pair of 3 day old 1/2 Boer babies at her side. BEAUTIFUL babies!!! Very beefy and their momma was wonderfully protective. Biting and snorting anytime someone got close to her babies. She went for $155 with both babies to some folks that have full Boers. Wonderful udder on her and her horns were gorgeous... And she sure knew how to use them. I figure she will be able to hold her own against Boer women. The kind of horns you put brass balls on the end to avoid being pierced...

Anyway. I figure if a Boer/Kinder works, a Nubian/Kinder should be fine...

4. mutthouse

mutthouse Active Member

Well, geez.....I guess opposites attract! ;)