Sidebar to the "humane goat dairy" thread

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Lt. Wombat, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

The humane goat dairy thread made me remember the e-mail we received regarding our goat business a few years ago. For those who have been here a while this letter will be old hat and I apologize for making you read through it again. I actually was going to delete it when we got our new computer system but I decided to keep it as a reminder to just how insane the PETA/vegan movement is.

This came to us from the contact us button on our website. Even though the e-mail address looked like it came from a free e-mail site (net zero or one of those) the return header had mail.peta.org all through it.

We never received another word but it did put the wife on edge for a bit. Read on and you’ll see just how the sick mind works!

I saw your flesh peddling website listed among the other SLAVE TRADERS on Homesteading.com and was compelled to write.

You are a disgusting horrible creature! You make me ashamed to admit I am a human being. You may THINK your goats and other animals like you, and living on your property, BUT THEY DO NOT. They are GODS CREATIONS and FREE ROAMING SPIRITS, and for you to keep them locked in barns and behind fences is a slap in the face of God and all the Angels. How dare you impose your will upon them, THEY ARE BETTER THEN YOU WILL EVER BE! I only hope that some day, when you are experiencing the happiest moment your pitiful life has ever seen, one of them tramples or gore’s you to death. Then as you draw your last worthless breath you will experience what you have done to them; total domination and enslavement.

I see you proudly display your children on your site also. Hopefully they will not follow in your footsteps as FLESH PEDDLERS. But since you feed on over powering the WEAK AND VULNERABLE, I’m sure you have beaten and dominated them for enough years they are MINDLESS IDIOTS now and unable to think for themselves. If so I hope you get to see them DIE at the hands of an animal before you yourself succumb. Or maybe it would be better if one day someone took your children from you and sold them as I am sure you have done to so many of the INNOCENT CHILDREN OF THE ANIMALS in your CONCENTRATION CAMP!

I will pray that the souls of you and your children be delivered to Satan.

2. mysticokra

mysticokra Well-Known Member

Amazing, isn't it how quickly the rabid compassion is withdrawn when the animal in question is another human.

Thanks for having the courage to have a website and run the risk of encountering these nut jobs.

3. poorme

poorme Well-Known Member

these people need to be culled from the human race! :)

4. Tracy in Idaho

Tracy in Idaho Well-Known Member Supporter

5. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

"They are GODS CREATIONS and FREE ROAMING SPIRITS, and for you to keep them locked in barns and behind fences is a slap in the face of God and all the Angels."

So we're supposed to let our critters get run over, attacked by coyotes and dogs, get poisoned from eating the wrong plants, get shot by confused hunters, and die from the pneumonia they'll get from being wet in the winter?

People like the one who wrote that letter are just disgusting. There really isn't any thought given to what would happen to these "enslaved animals" if we weren't there to care for them.

When I really stop and think about how much effort I put into feeding and housing my critters properly, they're doing better than I am. I don't see them gathering fresh saplings in the rain for me to eat. They don't hand feed me my favorite food when I'm not feeling so well. They cuddle in and are very sweet, but they don't go out of their way to scritch my back in my favorite spot. Sheesh, when I die I wanna come back as a critter with an owner like me!

And let's talk about all the helpless plants those PETA members are killing shamelessly for their own use! Honestly, just think how the tomatoes must feel about having their children ripped off of the vine and consumed without a second thought!

6. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

This thread inspired me to change my signature.

7. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

I was thinking as I worked on my chicken tractors (I do a lot of thinking at times like that, LOL!!) that one of those PETA types would probably slam me for keeping ten chickens cooped up in a four by ten cage, and perhaps suggest that I ought to try living in that amount of space. Well, that led to some mental figuring, and if I converted the amount of square feet they get per pound of bird, and added a reasonable amount of headroom (since I'm taller than a chicken) it would give me a room about ten by sixteen. I could live quite comfortably in that -- it's considerably larger than my present bedroom. Of course, people don't go to the bathroom on the ground (at least not in our houses) so I'd have to add a bathroom or at least an outhouse, but otherwise it's not an unreasonable amount of space. Add two more rooms for Grandma and my daughter and we'd have a decent little cottage!

PETA is a terrorist organization, and it really surprises me that they are allowed to continue to exist. I guess politically correct terrorists are all right, though. Most normal people have been taught by their parents while they were growing up to have some manners and show consideration for other people -- I guess PETA people aren't normal, and/or aren't well brought up.

Oh, and TexCountryWoman, I LIKE your new sig!!

Kathleen

8. Nina

Nina Well-Known Member

Would any of these people avoid leather shoes, handbags, belts, wallets, etc.???
    Doubt it. :no: The alternative? Poison the earth with plastics?
    (What would they have done before plastics were invented?)
    I did hear a woman say if she were driving a car and had to hit either a baby or a snake, she'd hit the baby!!! :eek:

Doesn't it say something about the end times where bad things will be accepted as good and good things/good people will be considered bad?

9. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

these people are just nuts, plain and simple.

10. Natureschild

Natureschild Well-Known Member

They hope your goats will trample you to death? -Jeepers, how big are your goats? :eek:

11. Nina

Nina Well-Known Member

Sorry, my reply missed one vital point. And that's your feelings, Lt. Wombat. Sorry you were attacked. That kind of meanness is upsetting. :(

12. herefordman

herefordman Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing..........geez...........just how big and mean are these goats ?? Haa!! Haa!!
    Anyone who knows anything about goats clearly knows the likelyhood of being "gored to death" is about as high as being smothered by a Lamb.
    Those people just need to watch anyone feed their animals.........the animals come running, they don't run away.
    And as for the freak that would run over a baby rather than a snake?
    Which one carries the death penalty stupid.