Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Granpa died in 1969, My brothe snagged his Sickle bar mower. He later scrapped it! Any ideas Who made A sickle bar walk behind with Sulky Atthatment ? in the 1960's??? I would love to find one! Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
16" tires chain drive wheels tubular frame.Heavy bar down to the Sickle. 36" cut I think. There were Gears on the Wheels the chain was flat roller type!Fuel tank was I beleive mounted on the handle bars?Paint color was GreY NO hood, My dad did not want to haul it from Fla. To Ohio.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
sounds like a gravely...i might be spelling that incorrectly,,,probably am. i see them for sale in local trade papers everyso offten.

the bradleys had a shapely hood most of the time. the frame was a fairly light tube frame with a 1/8 inch thick pressed motor/transmission mount.

the gravelys had a tube handlebars, but just about everything was cast. i'll try to find a few pictures later tonight.

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
jari, simplicity, bsc, there are sites with walking tractor info, i have a simplicity and another unidentified one plus a one wheeled chore master. had a jari at one time gas tank on the handles and large mostly solid tires.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tires were pnumatic, The enginge and drivetrain( transmission) was bolted to the Tubular frome..I think the engine was 5 HP my brother used the motor for A minibike. Quite Stupid if you ask me! There is A power unit, Near by that has cultivators on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.