Sick Kids on Christmas Eve

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Cheryl in SD, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

My kids were fine all day. At 7:30 they began to get the stomach bug their sister had Froday night. Right now I have 3 throwing up, one in his sleep. I had 2 hours sleep wuth the four yo sick on Friday night. 4 hours last night. I have to stay awake until my ds slows down. It is going to be a long night.

Tomorrow toast, crackers & liquids for Christmas Dinner.

Big sigh.

Ok, good news...

Only one child left to get this and dh & I. I am sipping vinegar water in hopes of NOT getting it.

2. wilderness1989

wilderness1989 Well-Known Member

I sympathize with you Cheryl when I was a child it was 3 Christmas' in a row with either mumps, measles, or chicken pox.

3. Cheryl in SD

Child number four just got up with it. We are all crashed in the living room.

The good nnews is that with the 4 yo it only last 12 hours & then she was fine.

Oh, & I am getting queasy, but that could just be I am falling over tired.

I sent dh to bed. Figured one of us needed to be ready to take the day shift tomorow. He can take care of kids while I sleep.

4. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry. May you all be over this by morning!

5. paulaswolfpack

paulaswolfpack Well-Known Member

I do hope they get better soon,my ds son came down with it on tuesday,he does not lkie to miss school but had to miss wedsday to,thank goodness for our Dr. I love him so he keeps me supplied with phenergran supptories 25mg, and the pill form to control the throwing up, this time he had mostly diaria not even the pills to stop it were helping,I did my best to take care of him,but I have no spleen so I cannot afford to get sick.I hope your family gets well soon not a good way to spend their christmas break from school,God Bless you and have a nice quiet holiday,paula,h.

6. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Huggs and weak tea. :)

Rose

7. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

You poor thing! I hope you have survived. Hopefully Santa was extra good this year you will need it. My youngest has been trying to at all costs stay healthy as he has been sick last 5 Christmas's I think he made it this year.
    ((((Take care)))

8. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

Ohh no fun!! hope everyone starts feeling good soon!!

9. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    There's a norovirus pandemic going on at the moment. "Stomach flu" in common parlance, though it has no relationship to influenza virus. It is everywhere. Even Japan is having trouble with it, shutting down schools, even, in some districts.

Sorry you got it. Stay hydrated.

10. Cheryl in SD

Morning update...

Four of our five kids have it. The other one had it Friday night. Dh woke up with it this morning & I am queasy. I seem to be ok, but I started vinegar & water on Saturday when dd 4 got it.

My kids are so sick they don't even want to want to open their presents. Dinner is going to be crackers & pop & hot tea & toast.

BUT we were planning a quiet day and our main Day on Friday when my sis comes in from SC, by then we should all be feeling better.

11. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope you folks are better soon...

Get some rest.... the festivities can wait.

12. Sumer

Sumer Well-Known Member

You poor thing. I hope that everybody is feeling well soon.

13. Lizza

Lizza Well-Known Member Supporter

I hope your family is feeling better Cheryl!!! Prayers to your family.

I was up all Christams Eve with a sick baby. It was her birthday on Christmas Eve (turned 2) and was up all night with a high fever. Luckily she's the only one sick right now and I've just been sitting on the couch with her all morning. That is probably where we will stay the rest of the day. Older kids are enjoying their christmas and DH is cursing me for getting a 1001 piece little kitchen set for the baby. He's almost done now. I guess I'm lucky I got him a new Leathermen/Knife combo pack that he has been putting it together with.

14. WildernesFamily

WildernesFamily Milk Maid

((Cheryl)) I know the feeling! My three youngest have all just recovered from it. Yesterday my oldest daughter and myself woke up with it, and then last night hubby got it. Only one of my 5 children has not had it at all. I did the vinegar water but wasn't able to escape, but I didn't have it that long, only 12 hours if that.

It was sad not being able to go to Sunday's church service, and missing our tradition of carols by candle-light at church and then driving around looking at the lights afterwards.. so instead for those that felt well enough we did carols by candle-light at home, read the Christmas story and then all went to bed. Hubby is still down with it, in bed right now.

Merry Christmas anyway :)

15. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

Cheryl, I pray your kids get well real soon. It's no fun being sick on Christmas, My dh is sick and my youngest is. I've been sick all week and just starting to feel the slightest bit better. It's in my chest now. Merry Christmas anyways, try to make the best of it. :)

16. Tonya

Tonya Guest

My daughter has been sick for the past two Christmas' now. Last year she had a high fever and an ear infection. This year she's got a high fever. Don't know about the ear infection yet. I have an otoscope, but she's got a ton of wax down there. I can't see the eardrum. She's not tugging on her ears at all. In fact, she's turning a nice shade of pink with a rash on her body.

Of course, this is the year we were going home for Christmas. We were to drive to northern IL this early afternoon. Maybe tomorrow.

17. Cheryl in SD

I take it back, vinegar doesn't help. I have it.

18. halfpint

halfpint Well-Known Member Supporter

Cheryl;
    Praying you'll all get better quickly! I had pneumonia last Christmas and it wasn't fun. My daughter was sick on her 5th, 6th and 7th birthdays - she was really excited this last year when she didn't get sick on her 8th. Celebrate later when everyone is feeling better.
    You'll look back on this later as 'remember the Christmas when we all were sick'.

Dawn

19. teresab

teresab Well-Known Member

My DS age 4 came down with something last night...he was fine all day...got a stomach ache yesterday and then DH noticed he was warm...yeah right..temp was 101 !!! Gave some meds and put to bed..he came in around 2:00 saying Santa had came and he was burning up. From 2am on I couldn't sleep for worrying about him. He is still under the weather but is a trooper...Christmas must go on!!! Hopefully by tomorrow he will be back to being himself.

20. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

Sorry you're sick too Cheryl. (and the kids) I hope you all recover soon. When I was a kid mom would give us popcorn and 7Up when we had the flu.