Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a young boer doeling had bottle jaw. Gave Valbazen AND Ivermectin symptoms are gone, but now she won't get up. Eats and drinks fine. Doesn't seem to be in pain. Tried vitamin B injections, now what?

·
Nubian dairy goat breeder
4,465 Posts
continue with fortified b complex and probios. get some red cell, i have no idea about dosage but somebody else here might know.
your doe is weak from anemia and need to build up her red blood cells.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,870 Posts
vitamin supplement for horses, dark red/brown gallon jug at feed stores.

·
Namaste
1,528 Posts
Might also go with injectable pig iron first and then Red Cell, I was giving 2.5cc 2x /day to a 25 # kid but I don't think that was big enough guns for him, thats why I would look into the injectable to begin with. Just saw a post about anemia in goats where the poster said it took her 2 months to really cure the anemia, the eyelids and gums looked pink before that but the goat was still anemic. I lost one of my kids to anemia because we acted too slowly and not aggressively enough.

·
Nubian dairy goat breeder
4,465 Posts
ChickenMom said:
Vitamin B Complex injectable - give orally 5ml per 100#.
this is not correct. the animal needs the b vitamin injected.
karen christensen wrote a very nice article about the b vitamins in the dairy goat journal, vol. july/august. maybe you can get this article, or maybe somebody finds it online?

·
Namaste
1,528 Posts
susanne said:
this is not correct. the animal needs the b vitamin injected.
karen christensen wrote a very nice article about the b vitamins in the dairy goat journal, vol. july/august. maybe you can get this article, or maybe somebody finds it online?
Yes, you need to inject Sq because the rumen may not be able to process the B complex so that it does any good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts