Siberian and Malamute Puppies.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Anataq, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

We will have Siberian Husky puppies and Alaskan Malamute puppies ready sometime around Decemeber, or the first few weeks of Jan. For those of you who are interested in Northern breeds, feel free to ask me anything you like.

Anataq.

Check out www.pawcreekhomestead.com and click on the scrolling text. We have also added some new pictures.

2. BASIC

BASIC Well-Known Member

Antaq,great web-site.I do have a question about Malamutes,how protective are they,against people and animals?My wife and I are looking for a dog,she wants a GSD,I'm woried about all the potential health problems with the breed.Thankyou for the help,BASIC.

3. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

Malamutes are wonderful dogs with people, families and small children. They can be protective of their family, but are not especially known for it. If you are threatened, or they fear for you then they can become very protective. With animals they are not hearding dogs and will not likely protect a flock, (that I know of) I have never experienced problems with other animals, well take that back, if a malamute has not been raised with a small animal like a cat, or a rabbit, then say goodbye to the cat. They are great with other animals, but can have problems with other dogs, especially of the same sex. All breeds can have potential health problems if you do not go to a reputable breeder. With large breeds you need to make sure that the line has good hips. Other breeds like Siberians have history with caterax so you will want to make sure that the parents are certified clear eyes.

Malamutes are just plain awesome dogs. They are playful, loving, gentle, hearty, powerful, sometimes very emotional-they get their feelings hurt easily, they are very smart, can stand extreme climates and make great family dogs. I believe there are a couple pictures of Lilly on my web site under the family photos. Have to check on it.

www.pawcreekhomestead.com

-Anataq

4. BASIC

BASIC Well-Known Member

Antaq,thankyou for youe reply,BASIC.