Shrek...

Discussion in 'Country Singletree' started by whiterock, Sep 11, 2017.

1. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

How is your weather?

MoBookworm1957 and COSunflower like this.
  2. newfieannie

newfieannie newfieannie Supporter

I've been wondering about him also. looks like it will be a tropical storm by the time it reaches him if it hasn't already. still he'll have high winds and heavy rain last I heard. he'll be alright with those thick walls and all that food he just cooked up. ~Georgia

3. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

I checked on Chaosmurf this past weekend as he lives in Hollywood, Florida area, where the worst of it was supposed to hit. No need to worry....he is on a cruise to Alaska with his mom and aunt!!! LOL!!! ALTHOUGH I don't know WHAT he will come home to!!!!

MoBookworm1957 and ShannonR like this.
  4. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

All we are getting in these parts are a steady rain and 10 to 12 mph winds.

Biggest impact here is all the refugees filling up the area motels and campgrounds during the weekend five or six small towns in the counties north of me have their end of summer street sales, antique area sales and founder days activities since those motels normally fill with folks who visit those towns to not only book lodging and eat in restaurants , they usually spend big money at the sales.

The refugees on the other hand will be more concerned with minimalizing their impulse larger item purchasing and instead just purchase the bare minimums before returning to their homes to clean up after the storms.

The refugees who fled the storm cant be blamed, the lodgings cant be blamed for providing shelter. It is just a combination of bad weather and unfortunate picking of this weekend for those small towns to have their local festivals that help their local coffers.

5. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

Maybe they can have them later? Like holiday bazaars!!!

MoBookworm1957 likes this.
  6. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

Brazeers?? lol

COSunflower likes this.
  7. whiterock

whiterock Well-Known Member Supporter

Weather map this morning makes me think you got between 2 and 3 inches of rain.

8. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

Here on my side of the mountain after a 90 minute mid to heavy rain around midnight we got about 2 inches or so and after the dawn came we had a near windless farmer's preferred soft drizzle rain for another inch or so before 9 or so.

My cross the road 70 year old neighbor who thinks I am a cheapskate watched me from her porch for about 15 minutes around 8 laughing at me dressed in my flannel robe covered by my G.I rain poncho and wearing my rubber mud boots as I used the steady drizzle to spray liquid soap on my soft car brushes and wash the three most dirty of my four vehicles and let nature keep the rigs wet and rinse the soap off of them.

I could probably have washed all four but she backed her KIA crossover out and came out in her rain coat with a towel to wash her car with free water and as I noticed the drizzle decreasing I took my 4 foot long handled soft brush over to speed scrub her roof , bumpers , rims sides and lights as she did windows and mirrors she could reach before the free rinse drizzle stopped.

After we got her KIA washed she brought us out some coffee as we watched the last of the drizzle rinse it and after we drank our coffee she asked if it would seem weird to run through some of the water puddles like 8 year olds waiting for a school bus.

I told her we could but didn't she think we had looked weird enough just washing cars in a light rain.

MoBookworm1957, kalmara and whiterock like this.
  9. FarmboyBill

LOL lol to your last.

10. FarmboyBill

When I was old enough to go to school, yet young enough to stomp water puddles, we didn't have no bus