shower faucet problem

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by East Texas Pine Rooter, Jan 3, 2004.

1. East Texas Pine Rooter

East Texas Pine Rooter Well-Known Member

:waa: Just installed a new Delta single handle shower faucet. It's the one that has the 8-inch in diameter crome circle, with the single arm handle mounted on the wall, with the shower spray faucet mounted up close to your head. Took my first shower with it last night, and the hot water is just luke warm, with the faucet turned all the way to the hot position. It has great water pressure, and the lavatorie next to it, the water is hot. QUESTION: Does anyone know how to adjust this thing? Talked to the answer guy at the store, he game me Delta's 1-800 number, and said they would be closed until Monday. Think goodness it's still spring down here, with the high's in the mid 70's today.

2. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

I think there is a part inside that mixes the water. It sounds like you got it in at an angle or off-center. I suggest you take it apart and see if there is a part that can be put in differently. gobug

3. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

I adjusted one of these about 6 months ago and already my memory is hazzy about the details. As I remember it you take the handle off and access the valve behind the chrome cover. There is some type of stop and you are not going to the limit when the handle is advanced for maximum hot water. I think you should be able to determine how to extend the amount of hot water once you have the unit open.

4. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

It has an anti scald stop that needs set. Look in the instructions on how to set it.

mikell