show off

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by stumpyacres, May 26, 2005.

1. stumpyacres

stumpyacres Well-Known Member

what is the easiest showiest summer plant to grow? Are clematis easy?

2. ajaxlucy

ajaxlucy Well-Known Member Supporter

Cleome (butterfly plant) is showy, easy, tall, and colorful. Drawbacks: they can lean and tilt way over from wind and rain, and they can self-sow, coming up the next year from seeds that they scatter around.

3. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

Clematis are easy...feet in the shade,head in the sun but it takes several years before they are big enough to have many blooms. You can get all different colors of morning glories now that make a gorgeous display climbing a fence....we have chicken wire stapled to south side of our Victorian porch and let them climb. A huge patch of the new short,pollen-less sunflowers is glorious, a patch of zinniaz,all shades is great,a bed of the new spreading Wave petunias, a patch of tithonia will attract butterflies like a magnet....gee,sounds like I think all flowers are beautiful...I do!! Even stinky cleome is beautiful . A great a favorite is my autumn clematis that covers my front fence....the smell is fabulous and covered in white frothy flowers. Anything in a big patch will be stunning. All my raised beds have flowers at either end and three are all lilies 'cause I love flowers!!! DEE

4. wy_white_wolf

wy_white_wolf Just howling at the moon

Weeds!!! no work required and everyone will notice you have them :haha: :haha: :haha:

5. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

:D :D :D :D Somehow, I'm thinking that's not what stumpy meant.