Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning, I tied up half a goat collar - for a show collar. Worth making the other half? Any inputs or ideas? Help!!!

Reactions: BackfourtyMI.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Sorry for the large picture these are the ones made by the 4h dairy goat project.
They worked great and well worth making. Love the beads on the one your making.

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the large picture these are the ones made by the 4h dairy goat project.
They worked great and well worth making. Love the beads on the one your making.
Those are just way too pretty! Cool!

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
They show in those collars? They are very cute collars, but I personally want a collar that is barely noticeable. I use a dog choke chain, but use a double ended snap to connect the 2 ends of the collar, and that also gives a hand hold. Those cute though! I would also worry that the goats would try chewing off each others' beads. :happy2: I'd definitely use those double ended snap ones to tie goats up for a fair or for feeding time!

·
STILL not Alice
19,808 Posts
I liked the collar pic you posted on FB - just couldn't comment b/c I had to rock out to work. (Can't access FB from here @ the office...)

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
They show in those collars?
Yes, They are only 6 inch long. You use a piece of choke chain around the goat's neck. You don't see the colored part. When you have a lot of kids showing it help them keep track of their collars.

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Yes, They are only 6 inch long. You use a piece of choke chain around the goat's neck. You don't see the colored part. When you have a lot of kids showing it help them keep track of their collars.
Ah, so those are the handles. I gotcha. :D I was thinking the colored parts were the collar itself!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts