Should I Worry about this dog

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by brushe, Dec 2, 2006.

1. brushe

brushe Member

About two weeks ago two 8 months pit bulls show up in my yard with no collars. My dh chased them off. Then on Monday they show up next door so they got them in their shed and called the pound. They where friendly until the guy from the pound put a collar on both of them to get them to the truck then one dog attack the other dog. The girl next door said they had scars all over them. They take them away and give them back to the owner on Wed. He said the fought because they were brothers and they were eating out of the same bowl. On Thrusday they are back in my yard try to dig into my pen with my dog and my two goats. We were not home neighbor called. Told him to get a picture we're on our way. When he comes out the dogs run over to him and again he gets them in shed and called the pound. We come home the owner say the pound told him to come and get them dh says no calls police. Again they take them away. Today dh goes to get a warrent for the dog in the yard and find out they put the mean one to sleep and gave him back the other. Will this dog take the others place and get meaner as he gets older or am I just worry. This people just moved in and everyone fells that they may have been training the dogs to fight. I know pit bulls have a bad but should we worry?
    Becky

2. Laura

Laura Well-Known Member

You should worry about any dog whose owner allows to run and it tries to get into your dog and goat pen. SSS.

3. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

pitt bulls getting into a goat pen should be shot, no hesitation. it is your right.

if it comes back, kill it.

you will be doing the dog a favor.

plus, it can very easily attack YOU.

4. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

all local animal control, those are dangerous animals, and I wouldn't want them in my yard

5. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

They must be destroyed,whatever that takes.Find out the law,and take the action you can legally.

BooBoo

6. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

Yep, worry. I wouldn't allow them in my yard at all. At least shoot it with a bb or pellet gun and see if that helps 'train' it. That's if you can't get anything done about removing it permanently. We've stray/bad dog issues here, I send you my sympathies. Do whatever you can!

~~

7. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

Dogs shouldn't be allowed to 'wander' onto other peoples property - period. It is the stupid owner's fault, but unfortunatley these dogs will end up paying the price. :(

8. wildhorse

wildhorse Well-Known Member

I would be worried we had a stray pit show up here I called the local shelter they said it would be a week before they could take it.It attacked our old dog at which time I proceeded to SSS.

Im not saying all pits are bad but its better to be safe as sorry.

9. Jeff54321

Jeff54321 Well-Known Member

Worry is a waste.........take action. That dog is a danger and a hazard.

10. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

Do you want your face ripped off? :eek:

If you do then don't worry, if you don't, shoot the dog next time he comes on your property.

11. brushe

brushe Member

If we were home my dh would have sss but now with the police and the pound knowing about them it would be hard to keep it quite. The pound is happy with them putting one down and giving the other dog back, but we feel like he doesn't have a clue on how to raise this type of dog. My dh is going to the town meeting on Monday to make sure the town puts in a mean dog law so if does come back and he shots it they won't be able to press charges on him.Then when he goes to court see if the judge will make sure that who ever will check on this dog's pen to make sure it doesn't get out again. Our neighbor has a 2 year old and after seeing them fight each other is scared to death. We'll see what happens on Monday.
    Becky

12. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

pitt bulls taste like pork... dont be wasteful.

13. Josephine

Josephine Well-Known Member

The biggest worry is that you have a lose dog on your property. I have dealt with pit bulls who have come from fighters and most are people friendly but very aggressive towards other dogs/animals.

Dog aggression does not equate people aggression so "tearing your face off" isnt the issue. I wou ld be very worried about your livestock.

Any dog running at large is a risk to your property. Put those owners on notice the dog will not have a second chance on your property and they will have to pay for any damage done to your propery or animals.

14. JasoninMN

JasoninMN Well-Known Member Supporter

I wish one day that people who own pitbull will realize they should never be OFF leash. It for their own safety. It is owners like that who make the rest of us responsible owners and our well behaved dogs look bad. They were not being trained for fighting, its just common assumption if you have a pitbull your training it for fighting. I was accussed of it because I exercised my dog to much...lol If they were training them for fighting they would have been going after each other and never made it to your property.

15. Anita in NC

Anita in NC Well-Known Member

If I was you I'd SSS. An owner that just lets their dogs run loose like that aren't going to look to deeply into why the dog didn't come home one day. It could have been hit by a car, someone picked it up or it ran away.

If you are discreet then no one should be any the wiser except you and your hubby.

How much time do you think a sheriff would give a missing dog knowing the dog was allowed to run loose all over the place? I bet your not the only one the dog has bothered.

16. Wags

Wags Well-Known Member Supporter

Any dog - regardless of breed - that is allowed to roam at will, is a potential threat to your livestock. However, animal aggression does not equate to human aggression. Unfortunately in this case you are dealing with an idiot owner - so no matter what breed of dog he has - it will more than likely end up being a problem for the neighborhood.