Should I buy this Stihl chainsaw?

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Cabin Fever, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

This is a used German-made Stihl 066 chainsaw. It has a 99cc engine and has been modified to have low back-pressure and high RPMs.

Whadya think?

[​IMG]

2. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

It appears to fit your hand grip perfectly! It adds character and appeal, dare I suggest machismo!? It's you Cabin, definitely!

3. Outlaw9

Outlaw9 GO VOLS!!!!

Be good for hotsaw competitions. I hate to get firewood with you if your the cutter and im the splitter. Whats the price on it?

4. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

I dunno..... looks like the paint has e worn off the muffler..... probably wont get first place in to many race saw competitions or it woodnt be fer sold.

But then agin it'd depend on hat the askin price wuz and what yur offerin price wood be too, come tah an agreement on the figger and maybe it'd did okie dokie fer ya afterall.... prolly cut a cord or two on a fifty gallon of fuel, though ou'll kneed a fallin saw too cuz that muffler is pointed way all rong.

William the radical blu3duk

5. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Well i guess it would make a good limb trimming saw.But id shoot for something bigger myself. :D

6. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Most guys just use a pair of scissors and then a disposable plastic razor. A bit of overkill if you ask me...

7. chuckhole

chuckhole Born city, love country

Geez.......99cc engine? You could put a 36" bar on that one. With that exhaust, it looks like a motorcycle instead. Does it come with wheels?