shopping carts

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by fordson major, Nov 23, 2003.

1. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

:confused: a friend of ours services shopping carts. he was given 200 or more by a grocery that was buying new ones . after selling some and storing them for five years he now wants them gone!!! he has offered us as many as we would like and would like ideas on how to use them.other than cages and sifters for soil i am lost!! :no: idea is to dumb!!!

2. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

When I was growing up, my mom had a friend with cerebal palsy. She had a shopping cart in the house. She used it sort of like a walker, but also she pick stuff up as she went along. I remember watching her collect laundry and thinking it was the coolest laundry basket.

If I didn't have stairs, I'd consider it for that!

Jena

3. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

4. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

My husband brought a small one home years ago[ from his work] and now the basket is over my strawberrys with a row cover over that to keep them warm in the frost.

5. Shrek

Shrek Singletree Moderator Staff Member

Portable raised beds for SFG. No bending and drive em inside with the frost threats. Just use cheap dropcloths as liners. at end of season dump the soil to compost and prepare for the next season.

6. Sumer

Sumer Well-Known Member

The stroke rehab unit of our local hospital uses shopping carts like walkers to teach people to walk again. They are sturdier and easier to use than walkers are when learning. Mabye you could donate one or ten to the therapy department at your local hospital or nursing home.

7. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I have seen them cut off at about 8 inches above the wheels and used to transfer engines around repair shops. Add a handle and have a little chrome wagon!

8. beaglady

beaglady Well-Known Member

Sell them to construction workers to cart tools and supplies around huge commercial buildings.

9. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

these are all great suggestions!!!!! have also seen them in pig nurserys and we gave a bunch to a farm market to use . they don`t have to stay in present form we have all kinds of cuting and welind equipment.mitch am going to make up a bunch of carts for our mechanic to roll around engines .his machinest is always trying to move them by himself.

10. Linda Camello

Linda Camello Well-Known Member

And perhaps you could design some to look like little wagons or little trailers!!