Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: a friend of ours services shopping carts. he was given 200 or more by a grocery that was buying new ones . after selling some and storing them for five years he now wants them gone!!! he has offered us as many as we would like and would like ideas on how to use them.other than cages and sifters for soil i am lost!! :no: idea is to dumb!!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
When I was growing up, my mom had a friend with cerebal palsy. She had a shopping cart in the house. She used it sort of like a walker, but also she pick stuff up as she went along. I remember watching her collect laundry and thinking it was the coolest laundry basket.

If I didn't have stairs, I'd consider it for that!

Jena

·
Registered
393 Posts
My husband brought a small one home years ago[ from his work] and now the basket is over my strawberrys with a row cover over that to keep them warm in the frost.

·
Super Moderator
13,247 Posts
Portable raised beds for SFG. No bending and drive em inside with the frost threats. Just use cheap dropcloths as liners. at end of season dump the soil to compost and prepare for the next season.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
The stroke rehab unit of our local hospital uses shopping carts like walkers to teach people to walk again. They are sturdier and easier to use than walkers are when learning. Mabye you could donate one or ten to the therapy department at your local hospital or nursing home.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
I have seen them cut off at about 8 inches above the wheels and used to transfer engines around repair shops. Add a handle and have a little chrome wagon!

·
construction and Garden b
7,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
these are all great suggestions!!!!! have also seen them in pig nurserys and we gave a bunch to a farm market to use . they don`t have to stay in present form we have all kinds of cuting and welind equipment.mitch am going to make up a bunch of carts for our mechanic to roll around engines .his machinest is always trying to move them by himself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts