Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know details yet but seems a Man and Woman was found shot in the head close to me yesterday.

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there Big;
Wasn't a man found shot near you a couple of weeks ago? Stay safe and keep your gun loaded and nearby.
tamilee
Yea.

Some people do things just to get on the wrong peoples nerves.Had a Guy his neighbor called the Law said he was Road Hunting,he says he wasn't.But Law goes to his house and arrest him no proof,just her word.His wife was going up to get him out of Jail,she said they've about had it with this woman.

If this is true heck I could have anyone arrested.

Me people get on my nerves but I just have my say and walk off anymore.Not worth Jail time Jacking their Jaw.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hey there Big;
Are the shootings because the people around you are nutso or are they so desperate due to the economy that they are robbing and killing people?
tamilee

·
If I need a Shelter
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there Big;
Are the shootings because the people around you are nutso or are they so desperate due to the economy that they are robbing and killing people?
tamilee
Not so sure anymore use to be you would be shot for whatever reason.I know one guy was shot because He was gay.I know my Ex her Uncle was killed because he was Indian.I have a neighbor that has tried to run me out for years.Tried to buy me out but he is not willing to pay my price.Had one guy come home all his Hogs were killed because he POed the wrong person off.

There is some around that you just don't mess with.There are others just out of the Blue decide they don't like you so they decide to run you out.

I don't go no where without Packing,just isn't safe to do.

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am surprised the Bureau of Tourism doesn't have you do commercials for them.
Truth thousands of people come visit all Summer think they can do what they please.Here lately the Law has been craking down on them.But too the News papers in the city have been running stories on what all there is to do in the area,bringing more in every year.

But some of the Bad Stuff is Locals that have been here for years.That is one reason I don't get to much trouble.Because I'm basically Local from the '70's.Like they know I'm Kin to So and So,my wife is Kin to So and So.

big rockpile

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
Good Lord Rocky, where do you live? Has time not caught up with you all there? This sounds like the OK corral or something.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good Lord Rocky, where do you live? Has time not caught up with you all there? This sounds like the OK corral or something.

Kind of like that.Was told when I first moved here don't be calling no Law we take care of our own troubles.

I know one time a Deputy sheriff got lost here.We was listening to him on the Scanner.Sheriff wanted to know what he was doing up here anyway.

Seen Sheriff out here couple times.One time had to drive him back where he couldn't get to,to serve Papers.Another time I took them back they had a Man Hunt going on for a Mass Killer.Then one time a guy said I sugared his Gas in his Pickup.He had it parked at my place because he couldn't get back to his.Well he found out the next day I didn't do it.So that took care of him parking on my place.

Sandra I would welcome you with open arms,but it wouldn't be safe for you around here.Just being honest.

big rockpile

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey Rockpile, up at the Lake (of the Ozarks) where we used to live, we talked to one of our old neighbors the other day....in our development there had been at least 8 houses burn in the past couple months.

It seems that someone is burning a house a week that is uninhabited. The sheriff isn't doing anything and so far as much as our ex-neighbors know the state fire marshall hasn't been called in either.

I can't figure out why there isn't some sort of investigation going on.

I fear its only going to get worse as the economy worsens.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Be careful Rock. Don't trust no strangers that come to your place and sleep lightly. For some reason elderly people are getting picked off left and right over here in Oklahoma. At least once a week the news reports either a elderly person or couple being killed in their own home. Being robbed for their cash and jewelry I suspect is the reason.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well my wife came home told me the deal on this shooting.It was a friend of mine.He had Cancer and was having finacial trouble.Shot his wife then hisself.He had lost his house and they was living in a RV.

Thing is he worked for Conservation Department,he was the one that would come out here on wildfires,we walked a many hills putting out fires.
He was a good Guy and will be missed.

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. What an awful, sad thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts