Shoes in the middle of the floor, again!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Anita in NC, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Anita in NC

Anita in NC Well-Known Member

I've been having problems with Peter (11) leaving his shoes in the middle of the floor.

Sooooooo, his shoes kept disappearing. I told him that his shoes were going into a time out box for two weeks, if he wanted them before then he had to pay the $1 fine. (He has no money right now).

After losing 2 pairs of shoes he was down to 2 pairs left - one that was to big (ones he yet to grow into) and one that was to small (ones he had out grown).

He has now been broken of the habit of leaving shoes in the middle of the floor - we hope.

Sooooo, today he leaves his coat in the middle of the floor. I tell him that his coat can go to the time out box as well. To which he responds, "I only have one coat." So I tell him that he better not leave it on the floor otherwise he'll be awfully cold for the next two weeks. He's had his warning, next time it's gone.

Mean mommy!

2. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Does this work with Husbands? LOL!

I have to kick aside the massive pile of shoes to get to our big closet to put away clothes lol. I've about tripped and died on Hubby's gigantic ski of a shoe lol.

Kat

3. Cashs Cowgirl

Cashs Cowgirl Well-Known Member Supporter

No it doesn't always work with men, but I'll tell you what my friend and I did once when we were sick of our newlywed hubbies leaving their clothes everywhere instead of putting them in the hamper!

We didn't pick up a thing...we watched their laundry dwindle (including their undies... :p )...reminded them occasionally to pick things up (of course to no avail!). Well my hubby came to me early one morning before work, to ask where his clean underwear was, on his way to the shower. To which I replied, "I guess your out"...and he looks at me...and I just said, "they never made it to the laundry cause they never made it to the basket"... I don't know what he did that day...he has never said, but I do know that most of the time his clothes are in that basket now and he knows that unless they are in it, they won't get washed...

My friend on the other hand was a little meaner! She took her hubby's last pair and stuck them in a ziploc bag in the freezer after soaking them down...She simply said that it would be a cold day in h--- before she'd pick up after him like a 3 year old...she was his wife, not his mother... :p

4. DocM

DocM Well-Known Member

Why don't you designate a space in your house where everyone leaves shoes/coats? Right inside my front door is a bench, everyone takes their shoes off in our house. Shoes go right there at the bench, either under it or in a rubbermaid tub right there. Above the bench is a rack of hooks for coats. Gloves/hats go on the rack behind the woodstove. 11 yr old boys are good at remembering a lot of different things, and although that isn't an excuse, giving them a routine helps a lot.

5. Mr. Green Jeans

Mr. Green Jeans Well-Known Member

I wonder if I can use this on a wife who cannot seem to close a cabinet door?