Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks, your 6 month vacation from Hears The Water is over. OVER!!! Yay! I got my phone and internet back on today. I missed y'all so very much! OK, everyone fill me in on what all has gone on here and at your homes.

Here is what is happening here: I am teaching High School Geography at our co-op which is currently out on winter break. I am also attending Celebrate Recovery a Christian recovery program at my church. We joined a wonderful church this summer and it is a great place to be.

Devon is graduating in May and working very hard in school. She is taking an extra year at home after graduation to get caught up on some subjects.

John is doing better, he is taller than me now (over 6') He is involved in Civil Air Patrol and hoping to take the courses needed to do search and rescue with them. I did hold him back in school so he is a Sophomore again. There is a football team being started with our co-op and he wants to play in the Fall.

Bailey is no longer in gymnastics, they closed all the programs around us, but may be cheerleading in the fall in conjunction with John's football team. I will be one of the sponsors, so here we go again... can anyone say booster club? *grin* OK, I love doing this... please remind me of this if I whine anytime in the future!

So, what all is going on with you?
God bless you and yours
Deb

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
Glad you're back. How are you feeling? We haven't heard from you since shortly after the surgery. Hope you are doing well.
:)

Cindyc.

·
Premium Member
3,931 Posts
I couldn't even begin to go through everything the last six months has encompassed, but for a very very condensed version, we had two porches and a new roof put on the house, and moved my mother from her apartment to an assisted living center. Her short-term memory is extremely bad, and her safety was becoming a concern.

I'm so glad things are going well around your place, and welcome back!

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
Welcome back! It sounds like you are doing well. :)

Not a lot new here - Abby is still homeschooling, we have goats bred and should have kids in less than 2 months, and I've been working at clearing the undergrowth in the woods pasture. Expanded the chicken flock, so we are eating lots of eggs now. Still working at the hospital and loving it. :)

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Good to see you back and that you and yours are doing well.

·
Premium Member
15,981 Posts
Get yourself a nice hot cup of coffee and peruse the forums. Welcome back!

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Debbie - I'm so happy to see you back online... and so good to hear that the young ones are doing so well.

Angie

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Oh Deb! I was just thinking about you the other day and praying that things were well with you and your children!! So glad you are back!! Looking forward to "seeing" you around again!! :) Merry Christmas! :)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice to hear from you, and that everything sounds like it's going pretty well for you and your family.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
You were gone? :lookout:

You know me always the :angel: But these people are picking on me all the time for no reason.

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You were gone? :lookout:

big rockpile

Nice to see that you are ornery as ever!!! LOL

I just got back from taking John to CAP. If any of you are going to be at the Joplin MO Christmas parade this Saturday night, look for the Civil Air Patrol. They will be marching with a small color guard. John will be the tallest one in the formation. Now I got too get the boy some long johns, black gloves and hand warmers for Sat.! Never a dull moment around here.
God bless you and yours
Deb

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Deb ~ I've also been thinking of you - so good that you are back, girl!

Our short version too - Life is good. Changes, happiness, moving forward. :sing:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts