Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Oh my gosh, how scary. Is your DH ok? Are you? SG (Central WI) Diesel and asphalt chemicals mixed.
Here is latest
http://www.news8000.com/news/explosion-at-la-crosse-chemical-plant/29816124

The La Crosse Fire Department had issued a "Shelter in Place" order in the area between the La Crosse River north to Clinton Street, and from the Black River east to George Street. At about 8:20 a.m., La Crosse County Dispatch said the Shelter in Place order has been canceled.

The La Crosse Fire Department said a "Shelter in Place" order means: "A warning of an event where the public is recommended to shelter in place (go inside, close doors and windows, turn off air conditioning or heating systems, and turn on the radio or TV for more information). Examples include the release of hazardous materials where toxic fumes or radioactivity may affect designated areas."

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Wow, WI is sure getting a beating. First a pipe line brakes, then this, then there might be power shortages this winter. Good luck!

Are you guy just having a really early cold time or is stuff just getting old and breaking down?

·
Premium Member
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The tank that blew is close to where my dh will get his fules. I haven't spoken to him for the rest of the day. he's most likely helping with clean up or now has a tripple load of work due to lacrosse plant being shut down. Dang happy that the rest of the tanks didn't go up.
wisconsin is way below normal temps this time of the year. We normally are 40 or so. some freezing nights. We have already been -4 several nights. we're getting our bums spanked hard.
I'm an hour from the yard so it's not affecting me with air quality. just not sure dh will be home for a few weeks. Looks to be quiet the headache at this time.

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
I remember that Pete.
So do I, they put Pbb in grain as a retardent-but in the end it was declared a "mistake". All granerys just have fire retardents laying arround in 50 lb. bags for someone to make a mistake.(sarc)

I hope you Dh can stay away from the fumes, You have my Prayers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts