Sheep transport in MO

Discussion in 'Sheep' started by 6e, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

I'm thinking of buying a couple of sheep, but my car won't make it the distance. So, I'm looking for a transport for two sheep from St. Louis MO to the MO/KS line. Does anyone know where I can find someone willing to haul these two sheep for the cost of gas?

2. lsulenes

lsulenes Well-Known Member

Just out of curiousity, what kind of sheep are you buying? We have a couple of Suffolk and one that I think is a Jacob x, but I would like to eventually have 1 or 2 Tunis and maybe some Karakul because I love seeing all the colors. I found a lady out near Wichita that has a small Tunis flock and hope to be able to buy one or 2 of her babies this spring, but so far I haven't found any Karakul close to here.
    ~Lisa~

PS~ Just found your website and figure that they are probably registered Hamps.

3. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

Hello.
    At this point in time we have a registered flock of Hampshire sheep. But, I wanted my own flock and am trying to get into the spinning side of it, so I up and bought myself a pair of Blue Face Leicester/Border Leicester cross sheep. Well, it's not a done deal yet. It will be as soon as I hear back. But, I have no way to get them over here.
    Their wool is supposed to be one of the best fleeces for beginning spinners. These two sheep are very pretty and I'm anxious to hear back and add them to our flock.

4. Slev

Slev Well-Known Member Supporter

6e,

When were you looking for this to go down? and if you can pm me the exact locations involved.....