Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did everything we could for her but she slipped away a few minutes ago. She was such a joy. My heart hurts, I wanted her to be ok so badly. At the end I just wanted her to go, it was to much to watch her. I'm sorry, I wish I could have fixed her. Thank you to everyone that helped in anyway. Thoughts, words or prayers were all appreciated. I need to go now, I just want to forget any of this happened. I'm so sorry chippy. I tried baby.

·
Premium Member
16,240 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this.

No matter what we do loss is sometimes inevitable. All we can do is study nutrition and disease prevention and treatment.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loved one. I also have lost several this year and you don't realize how much they are a part of your life until they are gone. :Bawling: :Bawling: Just know that she is in a better place and feels no pain. I picture "goat heaven" as a large green pasture with every kind of weed and shrub a goat loves and all their friends that have gone before them.
:angel: :angel: My prayers are with you.

jr05

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,668 Posts
I'm so sorry. What an awful loss for you, especially since you tried so hard to help her. (She knows that!)

(((hugs)))

NeHi

·
Student of goatology.
3,132 Posts
So sorry for your loss, she sure was a pretty girl. ((((HUGS)))) I know it hurts.
It brings back thoughts of us fighting to save my junior pack wether, Noodle, recently. I'm still angry that between all my care and working with 3 vets, we couldn't help him.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
I'm sorry you lost her. She was a pretty girl. It happens to all of us. Sometimes, no matter how hard we try, we can't save them. I lost a young wether last week. He was born with birth defects, which I believe affected his heart or lungs and with all the smoke in our area he just couldn't handle the added stress.

·
why hide it?
1,586 Posts
I am so sorry. She looks like one of mine. I understand the pain and sorrow you feel. If you didn't love her so much it wouldn't hurt so bad. But that is not a bad thing. Don't give up and don't quit. Each loss serves a purpose in goats as well as life. May her death be a blessing for another goat in the future.

·
Registered
300 Posts
((((Hugs)))

Wish I had the ability to take your pain, its one we know well. May our Father fill you with His peace!

I couldn't help but notice your signature...may this encourage you..for He hears your cries, and has turned His ear and is reaching out to comfort you!

"Psalms 116:1-2 "I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." "

Blessings to you,
Tamar

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.