She Is Makeing A Nest Right Now

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by lillbear, Jun 22, 2004.

1. lillbear

lillbear Member

Does This Mean We Will Have Babies Tonight?i Hope So:)

2. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Not necessarily. When is she due? Some of them will make a next any ole' time if you give them a nest box. Some will make it shortly before they have kits. We generally put ours in 2 days before they're due to have the kits. I count 31 days from the day we breed them and put the nest box in on day 29.

3. lillbear

lillbear Member

oh it is timefor her to have them but this is only my second litter ever the frist one she did not pick up hay to put in the nest we went out to feed and she had pulled fur and had the babies but this one is put a nice hay bed in right now its so cute:)

4. jessandcody

jessandcody Well-Known Member

Our doe had her babies last week and this is how she did it. She started pulling fur and making a nest on Friday afternoon. We figured she'd have her kits that night. The next morning we caught her in the middle of kindling. She didn't enjoy that suprise, so we now have 2 remaining alive out of 9. But it was her first litter, so I call it a success. Good luck!

- Jess

5. lillbear

lillbear Member

she is haveing the babies now and they have all been dead her last litter she had 9 and all were good:( this is a first for me:(

6. lillbear

lillbear Member

well she has had 7 now and none made it:(