she is discharging now?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by kickingbird, Feb 9, 2005.

1. kickingbird

kickingbird Active Member

how long do i have, she is discharging heavy now? befoe there was only a little not even enough to notice if you werent looking.

2. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

If it's spots, you might have a couple more weeks. If it's a long, thick string, I'd say today's the day.
    mary

3. Milking Mom

Milking Mom COTTON EYED DOES

Check her ligaments. There should be a sink'in just above and on either side of her tail. You can actually almost pinch your fingers around the bone and touch them together when the ligaments are almost gone and the tail should be droopy. Check out Fiascofarm site.

http://fiascofarm.com/goats/prenatalcare.html

4. kickingbird

it is long and stingy, and she has slowed way down, she is resting the side of her head against the barn and letting out little bleaps. i have taken the day off just in case.. i've been waiting for this day for a long time.. i hope today is the day!!
    thanks,
    jarred

5. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Well Jared, I sure hope today is the day for you too!! How exciting, is this your first kidding?

6. kickingbird

yes it is.. i wanted to be around because i have read on this sight that pygmy's have problems delivering and being that she is as big as a bus.. well you know..i want to be here.

i still may be a bit off it might be this after noon she is just whaling about right now..

7. Stacy Adams

Stacy Adams Well-Known Member

Well good luck, and I hope you get lots of girls!! :)