Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,168 Posts
I think it's terrible that people can be filled with such stupidity and hate just because she legally shot a bear. Maybe we should feed those people to the poor starving polar bears.

·
Premium Member
9,250 Posts
Loved that FB post said Why can't you go to the store and buy their meat, which no animals were harmed to produce? Oh, there are so many STUPIDS out there!

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Nice looking bear. I'd love to have that hide ... lucky hunter. Hunting bear is not easy.

Elk season here usually means insanity, both from the hunters and the anti-hunting crowd.

Notably, someone goes out in the hills around us and fires thousand upon thousands of rounds with a semi-automatic at the start of every elk hunt to "scare" the elk. I think that it's backfired. The elk no longer even blink at the sound of gunfire, and completely ignore the noise. Gunshots definitely do not make them run. (They've also done a good job at getting our puppy used to gunfire.)

(Amusingly, I've also had more than one guest from the city go, "... Is that a gun?" in puzzlement when they hear the gunfire. No ... it's sasquatch banging rocks together.)

A lot of people just have absolutely no clue these days about life. It's not just hunting but "life" in general. I was talking to the manager of the feed store locally about chicks and casually mentioned raising cornish cross for food. She looked at me like I'd confessed to eating my own children and said, "I could never do that!" (This store apparently doesn't carry cornish cross ... the manager doesn't like to animals destined for food.)

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of bear hunting...especially in places where baiting is legal. That's very unsportsmanlike, IMO. I'm not a big fan of shooting predators, because it can throw off the predator/prey balance. BUT, if done legally, and in areas where the bear population is a little too healthy, then I don't have an issue with it.

Regardless, I'd certainly never, ever send hateful messages to the hunter!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts