Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I usually do not post on this forum but wanted to share my Highlands with you.

I do read this forum all the time. I hope to be over here more.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
How long do their horns get? I saw some go through the sale ring once and they had horns like a longhorn. How are their disposition?

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Pyrobear.

Allen, my cattle are only 18 months old. I am not sure exactly how long they get. Mine are all female. The female horns go upwards and the males go downward. I will breed them in about 5 - 6 months.

My cattle are very good. They follow me around and they just love bread. Give them bread and they will follow anywhere.

I haven"t had any problems out of mine and they seem to get along well with other animals

·
Registered
104 Posts
nice lookin animals, not all males horns grow downwards my bulls turned up and so did his sire, watch yourself around the highlands after they calve there realy protective.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
The ones that I had seen go through the sale were pretty rank to handle. They hadn't been handled, I think they had been for looks or somebodys project got out of hand.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thank you Pyrobear.

Allen, my cattle are only 18 months old. I am not sure exactly how long they get. Mine are all female. The female horns go upwards and the males go downward. I will breed them in about 5 - 6 months.

My cattle are very good. They follow me around and they just love bread. Give them bread and they will follow anywhere.

I haven"t had any problems out of mine and they seem to get along well with other animals
the horns keep groing till the cattle die , the longest i have seen was 5 foot long and she was 29 years old with a caff by her side

1 - 9 of 9 Posts