Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Banned
Been There Done That, Got The T-shirt
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Masturbation is not the happiest form of sexuality, but the most advisable for him who wants to be alone and think. I detect the aroma of this pleasant vice in most philosophers, and a happily married logicians is almost a contradiction in terms. So many sages have regarded Woman as temptress because fornication often leads to marriage, which usually leads to children, which always leads to a respectable job and pretending to believe the idiocies your neighbors believe. The hypocrisy of the sages has been to conceal their timid onanism and call it celibacy.”
― Robert Anton Wilson

Reactions: ET1 SS

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even in marriage many men end up living a lifestyle of celibacy.
When a woman weaponizes her affections a man has little choice.

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: muleskinner2

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
God killed Onan because what Onan did was a betrayal of his marital and familial obligations and a wickedness in the sight of his lord. Marriage isn't supposed to be about sexual gratification, it's supposed to be about commitment and familial responsibilities and obligations under the Old Covenant. If all a man needs out of marriage is sexual gratification he does not need a wife to do the work to gratify him and he should not get married. He can easily and more quickly self-gratify himself through his own handy-work and self ministrations.

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I thought you would elaborate on your seeming fascination with it... that could be an interesting discussion... or at least a good laugh.
I came across the quote this morning and was taken with the truth of it.

Did you hear about the little boy who his mother caught in flagrante delicto?

She shouted, "Johnny, stop that! Do you want to go blind?"

To which Johnny responded, "Aw Mom, can't I just do it until I need glasses?"

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Or she just doesn't find you sexually attractive or worth her time.
I was in a pub last Saturday night, drank a few, and noticed two very large women by the bar. They both had pretty strong accents, so I asked, "Hey, are you two ladies from Ireland?"

One of them chirped saying, "It's WALES, you friggin' idiot!"

So, I immediately apologized and said, "I'm sorry. Are you two whales from Ireland?"

I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
“Masturbation is not the happiest form of sexuality, but the most advisable for him who wants to be alone and think. I detect the aroma of this pleasant vice in most philosophers, and a happily married logicians is almost a contradiction in terms. So many sages have regarded Woman as temptress because fornication often leads to marriage, which usually leads to children, which always leads to a respectable job and pretending to believe the idiocies your neighbors believe. The hypocrisy of the sages has been to conceal their timid onanism and call it celibacy.”
― Robert Anton Wilson
As I've said before, you need to find a girlfriend.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
27,328 Posts
I was in a pub last Saturday night, drank a few, and noticed two very large women by the bar. They both had pretty strong accents, so I asked, "Hey, are you two ladies from Ireland?"

One of them chirped saying, "It's WALES, you friggin' idiot!"

So, I immediately apologized and said, "I'm sorry. Are you two whales from Ireland?"

I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Looks are only part of sexual attraction for most women. Jerks are a definite turn-off no matter how funny they think they are.

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Looks are only part of sexual attraction for most women. Jerks are a definite turn-off no matter how fun they think they are.
Now if that ain't a double-edged sword comment, I don't know what is.
Vertebrate Cartoon Organism Mammal Font

·
zone 5 - riverfrontage
7,245 Posts
God killed Onan because what Onan did was a betrayal of his marital and familial obligations and a wickedness in the sight of his lord.
Wow that went off into Left Field quickly.

Onan violated the Law. The only other example of Levirate marriage in the Bible is Boaz [to maintain the bloodline of Christ].

Levirate marriage, is commanded in Deuteronomy 25:5–10

Deuteronomy 25:
:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.

:7 And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother.

:8 Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;

:9 Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot, and spit in his face, and shall answer and say, So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house.

:10 And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Onan violated the Law. The only other example of Levirate marriage in the Bible is Boaz [to maintain the bloodline of Christ].

Levirate marriage, is commanded in Deuteronomy 25:5–10

Deuteronomy 25:
:5 If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.

:6 And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel.

:7 And if the man like not to take his brother's wife, then let his brother's wife go up to the gate unto the elders, and say, My husband's brother refuseth to raise up unto his brother a name in Israel, he will not perform the duty of my husband's brother.

:8 Then the elders of his city shall call him, and speak unto him: and if he stand to it, and say, I like not to take her;

:9 Then shall his brother's wife come unto him in the presence of the elders, and loose his shoe from off his foot, and spit in his face, and shall answer and say, So shall it be done unto that man that will not build up his brother's house.

:10 And his name shall be called in Israel, The house of him that hath his shoe loosed.
The term "Onanism" is sometimes used as a reference to personal indulgence, or excess. More commonly, it is used as an alternate word for masturbation. Though common, this particular use of the word "Onanism" is misleading. The Biblical story of Onan is not at all about masturbation, but exploitation and rebellion.

In Genesis 38:8-10, Onan is commanded to follow the Law and provide a child for his brother's widow. This practice of a "levirate marriage" was meant to carry on the deceased man's family, giving his widow a legally-official heir to provide for her. Onan was willing to take advantage of the law in order to have sex with his sister-in-law, but purposefully withdrew early so he would not impregnate her. Whether he did this in order to give himself additional sexual access to her, or simply because he did not want to provide an heir for his brother, the Bible does not say.

What the Bible does say is that for this sin of exploitation and defiance, God killed Onan. Though some bring up Onan in conversations about masturbation, there is no biblical reason to do so. The events of Onan's story have no relation to masturbation whatsoever, other than the non-vaginal release of semen. Onan's story is also not applicable to the withdrawal method of birth control. Onan's sin was refusing to fulfill the law, acting disingenuously and selfishly toward his sister-in-law.

Link To Article

Reactions: Paumon

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
As I've said before, you need to find a girlfriend.
I think what he really needs is a big, tough, no-nonsense boyfriend to tune him up and set him straight. A girlfriend would be useless to him and such a choice would be a cruel disfavour to the girlfriend because, unless she's a lot bigger and meaner than him, she will end up being abused in the variety of misogynistic ways that he has already demonstrated in his writings and memes. There is a reason for him being single over and over again.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts

Levirate marriage, is commanded in Deuteronomy 25:5–10 ...... snip .....
I know what levirate marriage is but I don't care about it and it isn't the point of my comment. Onan abused the woman and he disobeyed his obligations. He got the sexual gratification he wanted out of using her body but instead of impregnating her and fulfilling his only real duty to her, to his family and to his lord, he let his seed go wasted to the floor, so his God killed him. The point is that as a consequence the act of masturbation and letting one's seed go to waste is also referred to as onanism.

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think what he really needs is a big, tough, no-nonsense boyfriend to tune him up and set him straight. A girlfriend would be useless to him and such a choice would be a cruel disfavour to the girlfriend because, unless she's a lot bigger and meaner than him, she will end up being abused in the variety of misogynistic ways that he has already demonstrated in his writings and memes. There is a reason for him being single over and over again.

• Love
Reactions: kalmara and Paumon
1 - 20 of 137 Posts