Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent today (the entire day! LOL) making a sewing machine cover that would fit over my machine with the embroidery module attached. I like the way it turned out, except I have a pucker on the front where the embroidery module meets the machine.

I'm a quilter, so my seamstress skills are definitely at the novice stage. I used denim fused to fusible fleece, so the cover is heavy and rather bulky to begin with. But these 2 pieces join, one is a straight edge, and the other is actually a sharp corner, not a curve. I did clip it. Any suggestions on opening the seam and smoothing this ripple out?

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Pop the stitches a little on the angle and on either side.

Then sew to almost where you have the 90* angle and stop - needle down. Turn about 45* and take 2 or 3 or 4 stitches, needle down - turn the other 45* to complete your turn. Then clip the seam several times.

This should ease that angle, and it will look like a 90* turn.

Angie

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
And make sure your stiches don't pick up other than just the seam line, it almost looks as if a stitch picked up further in on the fabric than you meant.

Angie

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There isn't actually a "ripple"... if you hold the cover out straight, the seam is smooth. There's just too much "bulk" there and it wrinkles when it's on the machine. Hmm....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where did you get directions to make your cover? I've been wanting to make one for my machine but haven't figured out how to do it.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The pattern is from Erica's.

http://www.ericas.com/embdesigns/dress-it-up.htm

I'm not smart enough to figure out a pattern to cover the machine with the embroidery module attached. However, for just a machine, it's easy. Just measure the distance from the bottom front over the top the bottom back, add an inch for hems, measure the sides and add another hem allowance, and use a plate to round the corners.

I made this one yesterday, using that method, to fit my other machine when sitting down in the SewEzi table.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Winona. I hope to get to work on a quilt soon! I'm kind of holding off starting any huge projects, while we wait and see if we're leaving this area or if they renew hubby's contract again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts