Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took A Nitro Tablet, But these are the worse pains I ever have had. I hope this helps! Its been 3 minutes. I hope I don't need more. Or to the hospital!! I'll up date later!!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Got anyone keeping an eye on you? If not call someone to get you to the Hospital NOW!

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I hope he is OK.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I laid down after taking the Nitro. I Am feeling better,There is NO one to call. That would help! And 911 out here is A JOKE! What don't kill you ,Makes you stronger!!

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
James, I crawed into the VA's ER, until I was noticed and a wheel chair was brought, don't play with this. There are pleanty of other things to be stupid about, but not your life.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Call a taxi, then. We don't want to lose you, James.

And "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" doesn't apply to heart attacks. If you're having one, part of your heart is dying, and the longer you wait, the more of it dies and doesn't come back. You may live and be left with impaired heart function.

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
I read this post--and moved on, but kept thinking about it--James, there IS worse things than dying, that can happen. You could end up unable to move, speak, swallow--yet still be consious-for years, in a bed, while others change your sheets, bedpan, etc. So, if dying dosent scare you--think on this...

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
James, please, don't mess around with severe chest pain. It may be angina, but it may be something worse. Someone above said that kind of pain may mean part of your heart isn't getting blood and may be dying, and that kind of tissue doesn't grow back. My FIL lived with only 1/3 of his heart working and his life was miserable.

Please, please, go on to the e.r.!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Between lying down and the Nitro's. The pain is gone. I see the cardioligist Tuesday. And he will hear about this Latest episode. I have had pains like this in the Past All the E R would do is give Me A nitro and send me home and say see your doctor A S A P. Thats why I don't use the E R anymore..

·
Premium Member
7,230 Posts
hope you got care and will tell us in a few days about it- or tonight if everything is AOK. If you're still at home discuss on tel with 911 folks or at least your doctor who will say meet him in ER. PS take an aspirin awaiting the ambulance if you are allowed to take those.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
protocol for taking nitro is take a dose, wait 5 minutes. if pain is still there,take another and wait 5 minutes. you can do this 3 times. if after the third dose the pain is still there, you MUST go to the ER.

they will pay attention, and probably admit you, if you show up then.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Don't wait until Tuesday! Go to the ER and get checked out. Severe chest pain is your body's way of warning you. Listen to it!

Any one of these "Episodes" can be fatal. Heart attacks may or MAY NOT respond to nitro and aspirin.

Why risk your life because you don't like the ER? Get your butt in the saddle and let someone drive you over there. Even if it passes, the safest place for you to be during these kind of things is an ER trauma room, not laying on your couch.

Use your head. People "put it off" until it's too late every day in this country. You ain't superman. Roll now.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
If you are no longer having pain, then it was probably angina. I'm sure you know this, but you need a complete cardiac workup. If you have any further pain you need to get to a hospital. You should be taking aspirin every day anyway, but if you have pain, take an aspirin with the nitro.

When you see your dr he should do bloodwork, and EKG and order a stress test. Don't play around, it all needs to be taken care of.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
nandmsmom said:
If you are no longer having pain, then it was probably angina. I'm sure you know this, but you need a complete cardiac workup. If you have any further pain you need to get to a hospital. You should be taking aspirin every day anyway, but if you have pain, take an aspirin with the nitro.

When you see your dr he should do bloodwork, and EKG and order a stress test. Don't play around, it all needs to be taken care of.
He's past that...I predict a cath in his future...

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Entire work up is on Tuesday of the week. At 9 A M I'll be out side the door At 8 A M waiting on them!! I Am always early to Dr's Appt.s

1 - 20 of 32 Posts