Sever Storms

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by AllWolf, Jan 2, 2006.

1. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Has anyone in KY,Tn,Va or other states gotten any of these sever storms that the weather is speaking of yet? Here we have had already some really dangerous lighting. I was on the phone talking to a friend of mine and boom went a big flash of lighting through the sky and it try to run in on the phonelines. I scared the pee out of me and my heart about stopped. So is anyone getting any of this type of storms or worse? The storms are moving our way slowly but suppose to hit us hard later today alone with tornados which I hope not.

I will be praying for everyone that is in the boxes and have all the warnings an watches out.

2. 3sunz

3sunz Well-Known Member

I am in Central Virginia and we have only gotten a little rain. No severe storms... Early this morning, it was cold, so the rain was freezing a little when it hit ground. That's about it here.

3. motherearth12

motherearth12 Member

Just heavy rain and thunder here, I hope no tornados either. I can't believe its January, this weather is crazy.

4. GAchickenguy

GAchickenguy KS boy stuck in GA

Im in central GA and last night at about 2 am some really bad thunder and lighting came in and of course woke up my little one. I dont know who is scared worse her or the dogs. We had her and some of the dogs in the bed with us till sun up and a couple of the dogs were under the bed too :)

5. AllWolf

Well right now here at my home it is peaceful and quiet around here but what is worring me now no birds singing or anything. I have always heard if no birds are singing to look out. I just checked the radar and it is showing red cell storms coming toward us. Gosh I hope not already today had lots of rain and dangerous lightning and here i was on phone and the lightning hit hard and knocked the phone out for a sec not a good feeling.

6. Kygardengal

Kygardengal Well-Known Member

Just had some rain.....It's 72* here....ridiculous for Jan 2nd....Just hope the plants don't wake up

7. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

I watched the weather early this morning, it rained hard for a while and some thunder. It's now getting sunny and quite nice out except it's muddy.
    Why do we bother to watch the weather predictions?

8. cider

cider Well-Known Member Supporter

Just came up out of the basement! :) We're south of Louisville and had a tornado warning but the sky is clear now.
    Stay safe,
    Cider

9. AllWolf

Well sounds like so far everyone been ok. Thank goodness for that. I was just now watching my News station and they are talking about a storm coming in with maybe a tornado could form out of it. Gosh I sure hope not. I guess I'm a weather nut also beside loving animals and God.

Everyone stay safe and watch out for these storms ;)

10. AllWolf

I hope I don't get in trouble for this but I wanted to show you all what is heading my way. When you look at the map look at the very sharp point of VA that is were I'm located. I'm going to have to get off here it is lightning now and thunder more. The storm cells that is worring me is the red with pink. They are saying we could get hail, tornados and deadly lightning.

http://www.stormteam11.com/weather/vipir.cfm

Please if anyone is near these storms please stay save and take cover which I'm doing now. Please pray for us we need it.

11. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

We aren't in those areas but last night we had thunder and lightening - amazing for January in Iowa! Then rain moved in. During the night we were awakened by the power going out and things beeping around the house due to lack of power (warning signals from our laptop, UPS's, etc. I have no idea how long we were out of power or why we lost power.

I enjoy storms for the most part as long as they're not severe, but this is really weird weather for this time of year.

12. AllWolf

Well we finally got our phonelines back going and satille after them sever storms yesterday. When I posted last them storms was really rolling in fast. The lightning here was very deadly it took out our phonelines and satille too. We had to leave our home to get call the phone company to come an fix the phonelines and had to call satille company also. Boy I hate storms like these plus we have had two house fires but not sure if due to lightning striking them or not but it was right during all this going on. I sure hope others didn't get hit like this.

Have a good day from VA.