Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not often that I catch a movie trailer or hear about a flick that interests me or that I can sit still for :D until I caught the one for Will Smith's new movie, "Seven Pounds"--

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814314/synopsis

Ben (Will Smith) is an IRS agent who is deeply depressed after the death of his wife, and guilt-ridden for mistakes from his past. He decides to kill himself, but to also help seven struggling individuals before doing so. When he meets Emily (Rosario Dawson), a beautiful woman with an heart condition, he falls in love with her, complicating his plans of suicide. Woody Harrelson also appears as a blind pianist who befriends Ben.
I like Will Smith in most of his movies (no, I never got to see "Pursuit of Happyness" :( ), and he seems like a pretty "clean cut" and responsible young man. Then, I caught this link somewhere--

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9508107
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A huge star in South Charlotte Thursday night to premiere his new movie.

Will Smith held a special screening of Seven Pounds at the Regal Stonecrest Theaters in Piper Glen.

Prior to the showing, Smith donated 300 turkeys to the Second Harvest Food bank.

The first 1-thousand people who brought non-perishable food items to the theater got special screening passes to see the movie.
Apparently, wherever he'sd been going for a premiere of his new movie, he donates to either the local food bank or the closest Second Harvest branch. Hats off to this gentleman...and a Philly boy at that! :sing:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I just saw this preview last night - looks like a very good movie. I also like Will Smith, good actor, good movies. You should rent Pursuit of Happyness - you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
I like his movies too. You should rent the Pursuit of Happyness. It's so inspiring. ANd his little boy is as cute as a bug's ear.

·
Formerly Kathleen in AR
1,050 Posts
This looks like such an awesome movie! I am not much of a movie person, but I really want to see this one. Love Will Smith. :)

Another movie I want to see is Australia (I think that's the name). My son said its the best he's ever seen.

Oh, Sancraft. I agree. Will Smith's son is too cute. :D

·
nosey, but disinterested
3,220 Posts
The whole doggone family is cute. Never a scandalous story, and great role models. Did you see his interview with Barbara Walters? A very upstanding young man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts