Senior Moment-Glasses Hiding

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Grandmotherbear, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

My glasses morphed into something else or disappeared into ablack hole last night while I was talking to Grandfatherbear on the phone. I got up this morning as per usual, but couldn't find them anywhere- either bathroom, beside the computer, iin or on the bookcase headboard of the bed, in the bedclothes, on the dining table, kitchen cabinet or dryer. My folding table in front of the tv, that I "sometimes" use for TV watching but not on a daily basis, had been moved sometime Sunday. I DON"t think I did it but maybe I did. Took a message off the machine from my mother- tried calling and talking to her...she is threatening to drive 4 1/2 hours over for a "surprise" visit to my daughter (she doesn't need such surprises my mother has never been able to contain her cruel and hurtful side when it comes to my daughter) and then she pretended she couldn't hear me while I was trying to suggest that would NOT be a good idea- at least speak to dd first and see if she is agreeable-not! So maybe I have repressed my memory of where I laid down my spectacles.
    Also couldn't find the "old prescription" I used to keep in the glove box of the car in case my glasses broke while I was driving around!
    Had to drive to work in the dark this morning wearing prescription sunglasses!! :shrug:
    GFB is not here now and he is my usual glasses finder. He usually finds them in a place I have already looked in and would swear were not there.
    Going out to check the car now- altho I did NOT go to the car after talking to my mother on the phone- just called GFB and went to bed and read myself to sleep!
    NO they aren't on my head! :shrug:

2. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Maybe your old prescription pair eloped with your new prescription :)

/VM

3. Grandmotherbear

I have no idea what my glasses were doing in the back seat of my car! I didn't even use the back seat since 2 weekend ago! :shrug: Mystified....

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Waiting for the sunglasses so the could elope! :) :shrug:

Angie

5. Country Lady

Country Lady Well-Known Member Supporter

I was going to suggest looking in the refrigerator. :)

6. via media

via media Tub-thumper

I'm a little disappointed that you found them so quickly - I was still working on theories. :Bawling:

But now you can see and won't have to go 'round wearing prescription sunglasses indoors - a definite improvement! :cool:

/VM

7. tallpines

tallpines Well-Known Member

My most recent Senior Moment ----------

I was about to mix up a box cake mix, but thought I'd give a quick stir to the almost finished stew.

Next thing I knew----"someone" cracked TWO eggs right into the stew pot!

8. ace admirer

ace admirer Well-Known Member Supporter

today i left the office, where are keys? him got hidden spare set. opened office door, nope not in office, then noticed i had them in my hand along with some note books. ok closed door... put up spare set of keys.....wait a minute where are my keys???? looked for 5 minutes for keys......unlocked office again with spare set....looked 5 more minutes then found keys where i usually hide spare set....good grief.

9. oldgaredneck

oldgaredneck Well-Known Member

ah yes, gotta love the senior moments!!! :)

10. cc

cc Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh gosh, thank Heaven that I'm not the only one who does this sort of stuff! giggle!!!

11. Country Lady

Country Lady Well-Known Member Supporter

When this kind of stuff happens to me, I call it Brain Overload.

12. Bearfootfarm

Bearfootfarm Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....? Supporter

When it happens to me I generally dont tell anyone ;)

13. Grandmotherbear

Guess some of us have no shame then...Thank you for the company in the brain flatulence department Tallpines and Oldgaredneck!

14. DixyDoodle

DixyDoodle stranger than fiction

Two times my glasses went missing: one time they were perched on my head, the other time I was already wearing them! LOL I guess I had been thinking of grabbing them for whatever reason, not realizing I'd already put them on (I usually wear contacts).

I also once almost put in a pair of contact lenses when I was already wearing some (I wear disposables). LOL

My keys have occasionally ended up hanging from the doorknob lock. Thank heavens we live somewhere that we don't get a lot of strangers coming to the door.

Another thing I lose a lot: pens. I bought a package of 20 pens and do you think I can find one when I want it? I think the dog must eat them.

15. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Did you ever get up and go to the coffee shop and discover you hadn't put your false choppers in yet?

16. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

+

Thank goodness I still have most of my teeth. Dentures would just be something else for me to forget.

I routinely loss the control panel of my electric scooter. You know, that part right in front of me when I operate it! I will back up to a spot in the house and turn around to do something. Then I forget the panel in in back of me and panic.

How about having to keep two shopping lists? I keep one in the kitchen and one by the computer in the bedroom. If I have to write someting down and I'm in the kitchen, I forget by the time I get to the computer and vice versa.

17. Burbsteader

Burbsteader Well-Known Member

LOL That was my first thought.

I lost a knitting needle that way.
    Looked all over for it, drove me crazy. Finally remembered that I had used it to keep my hair out of my face while I was in the kitchen.

18. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

DH is always losing his glasses! He keeps about 4 pair (from the drugstore) just for that reason! He's lucky when he can find one of the four.

When we had DirectTV guy out to hook up our dish, the guy was under the house. He hollered up to me through the floor, "Does Jim wear glasses?". I said yes. He brought up a pair that had been missing for months.

Never know where you'll find a pair of glasses around here.... in the woods, in the shed, in the yard.

19. the mama

the mama loves all critters Supporter

Very embarassing. I broke my partial plate. Put them somewhere safe until they could be repaired. I've been toothless now for 3 months because I can't find my teeth. Stupid me, they were wraped in a subway paper napkin, I bet they went in the round file.

20. simpleman

simpleman Well-Known Member

GMB,

May I "suggest" an alarm system be attached to your glasses, like the ones people activate from their keychain to find their cars in big parking lots! Or, maybe a clap-on-clap-off device that will emit a laser beam from your glasses to signal when you clap your hands!

Ernest