selling this place

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by t., May 15, 2005.

1. t.

t. Guest

Does anyone know what to do when I have a offer to buy that's way low but that low offer will probably keep other buyers away? Thanks if anyone has some ideas.

2. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

What do you mean it will keep other buyers away? How will other buyers know what the offer is?

3. Hoop

Hoop Well-Known Member

I have no idea how you think a low ball offer keeps other buyers away. An explanation is in order.

4. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

Why would an offer keep others from offering another bid?? Just tell them what you need for the place or give them a "counter offer" if you are willing and able to haggle a little!
    good luck . Debbie

5. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds like you are in an unfortunate situation, and I'm sorry to hear that.

As to selling the property, one lowball price shouldn't matter? Sorry, it just doesn't add up, can't help you on something that doesn't make sense. Pick a realistic price, and stick with it. If property is selling in your area, someone will come along. If property does not sell where you are located at this time, then you either need to wait a long time to find a buyer, or sell it off cheap to get it to move quickly. That is how land sales have always gone. No nastiness involved if you are the seller, unless you want to be nasty?

--->Paul

6. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

You're being kind of cryptic. You can say more because your profile doesn't even show what state you're in! Unless, of course, you can't say more because it's offensive to many... not just your locals.

If you can hang on a little longer, it might be in your best interest to get a realtor who can announce your sale on the MLS. Then you're not at the mercy of the locals, and even though you'll pay commission, it might pay off by getting the full price. (I'm presuming from your post that you're selling it yourself... am I right?).

7. EasyDay

EasyDay Gimme a YAAAAY!

Problems with the land? or problems with the situation? Is there a racial issue here? If you want advice from the kind folks here on the board, you'll have to be a little more specific. You'll get out of it what you put into it.

8. McLeod

McLeod Member

If someone is trying to push you off and get your land for half price, then why would you sell it to them? What do you have and what do you think that a fair price is, and where is it located. I might be interested

9. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

It's easy for us to offer advice when we aren't going through what you are. I can think of properties in this area of Missouri (where I am for the summer) that are much like what you have. I didn't buy one parcel because I could see it. Yes, it makes it hard to sell.

Get the realtor to offer the land to the nasty neighbor. Stick to your price. It may take a while.

Talk to the sheriff, too.