Self Introduction

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by nehimama, Jul 19, 2005.

1. nehimama

nehimama An Ozark Engineer Supporter

Hello, All;

Just a quick introduction. I joined "Homesteading Today" in June. I have raised and enjoyed rabbits for quite a few years. Last year, when my husband was ill with cancer, I sold all my Checkered Giants as I was taking care of him 24/7 until he died. With all the other livestock & farm chores, it was just too much.

Fast forward to this year. I had saved one Checker doe, kind of as a pet. I bred her to a Californian buck, as I only want/need meat rabbits. She has a litter one week old today, and I'm pretty thrilled to be raising rabbits again.

I thoroughly enjoy reading others' posts and questions about rabbits.

Finally, I clean out under the cages a couple times a month, and apply the "stuff" directly to the garden. My garden is doing GREAT this season.

NeHi Mama

2. natybear

natybear Well-Known Member

Nice to meet ya. I'm sorry about your husband and the shrinking of your herd. I too only have one Checkered, her name is Baby. She is so spoiled and loves kids. Good luck with your meat rabbits and welcome, you are amoung friends here. :)

3. sheep tamer

sheep tamer former HT member

Welcome Nehimama! We do love our bunnies here...and I really have to say you got your priorities right by selling your checkers to be available for your DH. We can replace rabbits, not people.

We've got a cal. buck, plus some rex's and getting back into angoras. I love variety, can you tell? Hey, look forward to seeing more of ya! :hand:

4. trixiwick

trixiwick bunny slave

Just wanted to say to:

HECK, yeah! Bunny crap is the BEST fertilizer out there! :D

Welcome!