Seeking home w/ acreage in Pierce Cty, Wa.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Patricia Smith, May 25, 2004.

1. Hi is there anyone out there that knows of a good piece of homesteading property in Pierce Cty., Wash. My place will be thru escrow in 2-4 weeks and I'm headed back home. I love the rural country lifestyle and peace of mind it brings, also going to school to get RN degree(busy, busy) If you have any knowledge of good land between $50,000.-$120,000. email me please so I can have someone check it out-Thanks

2. limhyl

limhyl Well-Known Member

Patricia,
    I have lived in Peirce County most of my life and I can tell you that the home and land prices here are out of sight. The only kind of home you will find on land in that price range is a older single wide and even at that it won't be much more than an acre and the land will be very far out close to Mt. Rainier and Eatonville not too many hospitals of any size out there for job prospects (I am also and RN :) . I reccomend that you look in Mason County or even further south down by Longview or Kelso. The property is much more affordable and there are jobs available in the smaller hospitals. Try looking at this website to see what's available in the whole state. Please feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Theresa.

http://home.windermere.com/properties/search_map.html

3. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

I live in Mason County - property values are going up fast! I got in last year and got lucky - 4.5 acres with 1100 sq ft house and old barn for 150,000. Right now any properties with acreage are selling withing days of being listed - I am looking for friends. PM if you would like a good realtor contact in Mason county - he is keeping his eye out for several people right now.

4. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

Patricia, I know of some good 5-acre lots along the Cowlitz in Packwood that are going for about $50K. Don't know if that's in Pierce County proper, but it's certainly within commuting distance from Tacoma. Let me know if you'd like more info.