296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Reactions: Gayle in KY

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope,

Just waxing philosophical and seeing if anyone else is interested in doing the same.

Thank you for your concern.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s all true. I am wearing down from a self appointed role of Mother of the Universe.
I have learned that if you step up to lend a hand to some they just stop putting forth any effort and allow you to carry the entire load. The 'logic' behind it is, "I have had it so hard, for so long, it's about time someone else helped me."

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alice,

Ecclesiastes7:

15In this meaningless life of mine I have seen both of these:

the righteous perishing in their righteousness,

and the wicked living long in their wickedness.

16Do not be overrighteous,

neither be overwise—

why destroy yourself?

17Do not be overwicked,

and do not be a fool—

why die before your time?

18It is good to grasp the one

and not let go of the other.

Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I would like to engage in the latest conversations. If my power ever comes back on and I am not shuffling generators around and cutting trees off fences, I'll put in my two cents and not expect any change.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to engage in the latest conversations. If my power ever comes back on and I am not shuffling generators around and cutting trees off fences, I'll put in my two cents and not expect any change.
Sounds like you are having some nasty ice storms in VA. Those are always fun.

Funny how what looks like a little coating of ice will snap huge tree limbs that look you could swing a tractor on them.

We had a bad one in 2007 here in Missouri.

Ice Storm - January 12th-14th, 2007 (weather.gov)

Here in SW MO it's currently one degree. Kinda chilly with some snow to go with.

My pipes haven't frozen, however, my son has had some dealings with that here lately out on his Red Dirt Ranch.

We'll put your two cents in the kitty when you are able.

Stay safe, stay warm and wear your spiked slippers.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I have learned that if you step up to lend a hand to some they just stop putting forth any effort and allow you to carry the entire load. The 'logic' behind it is, "I have had it so hard, for so long, it's about time someone else helped me."
How about this one . " I've had good for so long I'm over due for some bad" . Don't look for it because it's mine! ...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about this one . " I've had good for so long I'm over due for some bad" . Don't look for it because it's mine! ...
Interesting... Here's a concept. Everything that comes into our lives has a neutral value, it is we who give it the identification of good or bad. Like Joseph, who said to his brothers in Genesis 50:20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: Alice In TX/MO

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Every word of The Bible is Divinely inspired, so I like to quote it whenever possible...Everyone should take to heart and live by my favorite-- Exodus 16: 36--"An omer is one tenth of an ephah."

Pax vobiscum and pass the potatoes.

BTW- my biggest Hero in The Bible is Eutychus. Read Acts 20:7-10 for his inspiring story. I can identify completely with him.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

1 - 20 of 48 Posts